The Olympic games inspire us with proof that dreaming big really can be rewarded. As we cheer on our favorite Team USA athletes, the games enthuse us with the encouragement, patriotism and friendly competitive spirit for which the Olympics are still alive and strong today.
Here you’ll find everything SheKnows about the 2008 Olympics in Beijing — from profiles on Team USA members and insight into their paths to greatness, to tips on how to throw an Olympics-themed party. And don’t miss Beijing in pictures, as well as slideshows of some of the best bods competing in China this year!
- Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis and others: Their paths to Olympic greatness
- Five fantastic Olympic females: Where are they now?
- Top 6 amazing Olympian moms
- Top 5 amazing Olympic Dads
- Olympic perseverance in spite of Crohn’s disease
- Healthy nutrition information for athletes
- Get faster and fitter with speed drills
- Watching the Olympics as a family
The Olympics: Stuff you’ve always wondered
- What’s on the iPod of Michael Phelps?
Olympic eating: 12,000 calories?
The financial benefits of an Olympic win
Women’s beach volleyball players use a code to communicate — can you crack it?
How athletes fund their Olympic experience
8 Things You Don’t Know about Shawn Johnson
Post-Olympic careers of successful athletes
What are the Olympic athletes eating?
Olympic fashion & style
- Keep your hair competition-ready
- Hair and makeup, Olympic style
- Celebrate the Olympics with sneakers
- Olympic fashion for amateurs
- Carry fashion’s torch
- Learning from Olympic style
- Throw an Olympic-themed party – plus three Olympic cocktail recipes!
Olympic news & highlights
- Fun facts about the US Olympic team
- Women’s gymnastics Team USA goes head-to-head with China
- Speedo’s controversial swimsuit at the Olympic Games
- China unveils Olympic “Water Cube”
- Sochi, Russia to host 2014 Olympics
Olympics in color