Carol Brady or Roseanne? Celebrity moms choose their personal favorites.
TiVo asked today’s hottest Celebrity Moms to weigh-in on their favorite small screen role models – and better, what timeless TV moms they consider their parenting skills to most resemble. (No Peggy Bundys here!)
1. Who is your favorite TV mom is and why?
2. Who is the TV mom you consider yourself most like?
Minnie Driver (“The Riches”)
· “Carmella Soprano is my favorite TV mom because she loves her family but still has time to get her nails done.”
· “The TV mom I am most like is probably Marge Simpson: crazy hair, crazy sisters…”
Melissa Joan Hart (“Sabrina, the Teenage Witch”)
· “My favorite current TV mom would have to be Julia Louis Dreyfus on “The New Adventures of Old Christine”. I think she is so real and raw in her portrayal of a single mom who is self-centered and lazy. It cracks me up how you see her good intentions but she gets wrapped up in her own drama.”
· “I think I’m the most like Phylicia Rashad’s character on “Cosby.” She was a tough mom who had a great sense of humor. She seemed to love to sit back and watch her crazy husband try to deal with the kids before she stepped in to work out whatever problem the episode was dealing with.”
Felicity Huffman (“Desperate Housewives”)
· “I am my favorite TV mom because of Lynette’s fashion sense!”
· “I consider myself most like … Roseanne Barr?”
Poppy Montgomery (“Without a Trace”)
· “Edina, from “Absolutely Fabulous” is my FAVORITE!”
· “I haven’t been a mum for very long, but I fantasize about being like Samantha Stevens, from “Bewitched.” One day, I hope I can wiggle my nose and create a beautiful dinner–all without breaking a sweat!”
Dayna Devon (Host of “Extra”)
· “Jane Kaczmarek’s character Lois from “Malcolm in the Middle” is my favorite TV mom. I will never forget that scene when she is shaving Hal in the kitchen. Who hasn’t groomed their husband? Sometimes they come home looking like a caveman and a woman’s got to do what a woman’s got to do.”
· “I am most like Felicity Huffman’s character Lynette on Desperate Housewives. Like her, I always wake up with the best of intentions but sometimes, well let’s be honest MOST times, life takes over and then it’s all hands on deck.”
Jennie Garth (“What I Like About You”, “Dancing with the Stars”)
· “Carol Brady is my favorite because I grew up watching The Brady Bunch, and now my kids even watch the show. I love that she chooses to be a stay at home mom. She organizes plays and PTA events, puts dinner on the table and tells corny jokes.
· “I’m most like Clair Huxtable: she has a crazy husband, active kids and a career of her own.”