Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Will Reportedly Be Spending Baby Archie’s 1st NYE in a $14M Canadian Mansion

It’ll be a Canadian New Year’s Eve for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle! According to new reports, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be ringing 2020 in from the comfort of a $14 million palatial waterfront estate in Canada. The description of the mansion seems to match up with previous reports about the couple’s Christmas digs, so apparently Harry and Meghan have hunkered down for the holiday season on the grounds of this property allegedly owned by a reclusive Russian oligarch.

Of course, Harry and Meghan aren’t alone. This will be the first New Year’s Eve they’ve celebrated with their 7-month-old son, Archie. According to the Mirror, Meghan’s mom, Doria Ragland will be joining them. And, naturally, the royal family will have a security team in tow — reportedly a royal protection team is staying in a cottage on the grounds for the duration of the Sussex family’s stay.

It’s unlikely that anyone will stumble upon the British Columbia property and disturb Harry and Meghan’s New Year’s festivities, though. The powerful Russian businessman who owns the estate is reputedly so secretive that he insisted a non-disclosure agreement be signed when he purchased the property. So, it’s probably safe to assume he has plenty of privacy safeguards in place.

That privacy is likely part of the reason Harry and Meghan picked the home to spend their holidays. But also? The mansion simply sounds amazing. Covering more than 10,000 square feet, it includes a game room with a wet bar, media room, wine-tasting room, and gourmet kitchen with pizza oven. The two-story living room features nearly near-panoramic waterfront views. “It’s an incredible property, and one of the most prestigious around here,” a local told the Mirror. “I wasn’t surprised when I found out Harry and Meghan are staying there. It’s certainly fit for royalty.”

The Sussexes reportedly arrived at the mansion 11 days ago and plan to stay put through this Friday, Jan. 3. according to the Mirror. Earlier this year, Buckingham Palace announced that Harry and Meghan would not be joining Queen Elizabeth II and other members of the royal family for the Queen’s annual holiday festivities. And just last Friday, the palace confirmed that the new parents would be “spending private family time” in Canada to finish out the year.

“The decision to base themselves in Canada reflects the importance of this Commonwealth country to them both,” said the statement released by the palace. “Whilst this email confirms the country they are taking their family time in, for security reasons we will not be releasing any further details and request that their privacy is respected.”

The palace further pointed out that Canada is an organic vacation choice for the Sussex family. Not only has Harry been a “frequent visitor” over the years, but Meghan also filmed her USA Network series Suits in the country. So, while they’re clearly far away from Frogmore Cottage, this trip probably feels a little like coming home. Said the palace, “They are enjoying sharing the warmth of the Canadian people and the beauty of the landscape with their young son.”

Comments