17 Times Chrissy Teigen Was the Queen of Social Media
Chrissy Teigen is just the coolest. Through good times and bad, it feels like Teigen always knows what to say and, even better, she knows how to say it in a way that it makes for an instantly relatable post on Instagram or Twitter. Her knack for distilling the magic, mystery and just plain absurd parts of life into the perfect photo or tweet is why Teigen has become such an iconic celebrity on social media. Who among us doesn't constantly read her Twitter account for the hottest political commentary, clapbacks and insights into her fabulous life? Who hasn't fallen down the rabbit hole on her Instagram, watching adorable videos of her daughter, Luna, or checking out what she's cooking up on her Instagram story?
To honor this true queen of social media, let's take a look at some of the posts that not only cemented her queen status but remind us on the regular that she's truly one of the social media greats.
1. When she kept Miles by her side while giving a speech
On Saturday, Teigen ruled social media not with humor but with powerful words. Holding infant son Miles, she addressed the crowd on the important concerns surrounding immigration and later, with this very casual reflection on the day, reminded us all how cool she is.
2. When she gently roasted her hubby
Teigen never misses an opportunity to roast her husband, John Legend, on social media. Recently, she nailed it when she reminded everyone of Legend's resemblance to the cartoon character Arthur while snapping a cute shot of Luna.
3. When she showed us a new way to prep a salad
Shortly before little Miles arrived, Teigen was maximizing her very pregnant state by showing us all an, um, inventive way to cook.
4. When she got real about a little-known aspect of being around kids
A snapshot into Teigen's life by way of a viral tweet.
5. When she took us on the roller-coaster ride of getting brown bananas
We're calling it now: The search for brown bananas for Teigen's banana bread recipe will go down as one of the greatest moments in Twitter history.
6. When she might have accidentally messed up her Grammys aesthetic
Listen, we've all been there, but on the eve of a necessary Grammys appearance? That's a uniquely Teigen struggle we can only laugh at and empathize with from afar.
7. When she almost killed us all with the cuteness that is Luna talking
Try not to squeal with delight watching Teigen feed Luna different words and phrases. Go on, try.
8. When she reminded us what the minimum relationship requirements were
This needs to be everyone's relationship baseline from now on. Teigen has declared it so.
9. When she gave us a peek into touring life with Legend
This is amazing. Thank you, Chrissy, for this valuable peek into life with John Legend.
10. When she made scrolling on her phone look like art
How does she make scrolling through your phone in bed half-naked (a thing we've all done at one time or another) look so glamorous?
11. When she and Dwayne Johnson had this amazing interaction about food and exercise
We're never going to forget this memorable interaction, TBH.
12. When she had a funny moment with Legend
Honestly, these two are just too cute to handle.
13. When she showed up the upside of taking a bath
Her sweet videos with Luna have always delighted us, but one from June really sent us over the edge. It features Luna giving her a bubble bath facial.
14. When she clearly came out on top in an "epic feud"
Don't mess with Teigen — she bites back.
15. When she had a feisty clapback for the president
Teigen is hardly President Donald's Trump's biggest fan, but she really let the shade fly when she let this burn loose less than a month into Trump's time in office.
16. When she joked about an accurate meme
Teigen knows her memes and isn't afraid to hilariously embrace them, even when they make her the target.
17. And, of course, when she was real about how tough it is to get the perfect shot
Teigen will go to any lengths to get the best photo, but that doesn't mean she won't gripe about it like the rest of us — and that's why we love her.