Over the course of six seasons, Blair Waldorf served as queen in more ways than one on Gossip Girl. As memorable as she was for her fashion and ruling Manhattan, B also had a way with words.
A lot of the time, Blair was a great role model for young girls, especially when she respected herself as a woman, embraced her sexuality and fought for her dreams. Granted, she wasn’t the most ethical person. Stabbing someone in the back or blackmailing people was second nature to her. But when Gossip Girl came to an end, Blair sort of turned a corner in a good way.
It was hard not to root for her, like when she was delivering a memorable or noteworthy quote. Yes, much of what she had to say was mean, cruel, selfish and demeaning. But, believe it or not, there were times when Blair had serious words of wisdom.
And with that, here are our favorite Blair quotes of all time.
1. “You need to be cold to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart, and she got her head chopped off.”
A classic Blair quote. And it’s true. Sometimes, you have to be ruthless and keep on fighting to get what you want in life.
2. “Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.”
Preach, Blair. Don’t sit around waiting for something to happen. Whether it’s falling in love or finding the perfect job or making your dream come true, you have to make it a reality.
3. “Well, here’s my advice. Have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.”
Mimosas make everything better.
4. “If you really want something, you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.”
Isn’t that the truth? Don’t let anyone or anything get in the way of your goals.
5. “Three words. Eight letters. Say it and I’m yours.”
Who can ever forget this epic Season 2 scene where Blair wanted Chuck to say “I love you”? Sadly, he couldn’t do it, but it made for an unforgettable moment.
6. “Feelings never do make sense. They get you all confused. Then they drive you around for hours before they drop you right back where you started.”
Talk about an accurate description. Emotions can be the worst sometimes.
7. “Forget boys. Keep your eyes on the prize.”
Look, not all men are bad. It’s OK if you want to be in a relationship. But put yourself first and focus on what you want from life before love or marriage is an option. If you aren’t happy with yourself, how can you be happy with someone else?
8. “I’m not a stop along the way. I’m a destination.”
Yes, you are, Blair! Know your worth and recognize how amazing you are. You deserve to be treated like a destination, not a stop along the way.
More: Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds Had the Best Dinner Party Ever
9. “You deserve someone who would move mountains for you if he had to.”
Amen. If your partner doesn’t treat you like you deserve, run like hell. Everyone in a relationship should be treated with respect.
10. “Nothing’s holding me back anymore. I know what I want and I’m gonna get it.”
Yes, Blair. Yes. Once you know what you want from life, what’s stopping you? Go get it!
11. “What I want is to become a powerful woman.”
That’s right, you do.
12. “I will not be weak anymore.”
Shout it from the rooftops!
13. “If you’re going to be sad, you might as well be sad in Paris.”
Seriously, what’s worse than sitting at home sulking? If you can do it in Paris or at Disney World or with friends at a bar, those are much better options.
14. “Damn that mother Chucker.”
A classic Blair quote that just had to be included.
15. “I’m the best of the best. I’m Blair Waldorf.”
Blair always loved herself and knew how amazing she was in all parts of life. This is how everyone should view themselves.
16. “There aren’t enough curse words in the world to satisfy me right now.”
Seriously, sometimes you become so angry every swear word in the book won’t do the trick.
17. “As you can see, I survived without you.”
Like Blair survived without Chuck on multiple occasions, you, too, can survive on your own.
18. “You can’t make people love you, but you can make them fear you.”
Not everyone is going to like you, and that’s OK. Also, when it comes to getting what you want, well, sometimes you have to take a stronger approach than normal.
19. “I’ve been waiting all summer to feel sparkly again, and I won’t be pulled back into the darkness.”
If someone doesn’t make you feel sparkly, kick them to the curb. You deserve to shine, always.
20. “I lost my true self, but I want to be found.”
Embrace your true self, and if you end up losing yourself along the way, you can always find yourself again.
21. “I would never put my fate in someone else’s hands.”
Asking for help is a good thing, but sometimes it’s up to you to steer yourself in the right direction and get the job done.
More: All the Times We Wanted to Hug Blake Lively
22. “Don’t act like I didn’t fight for you. I did. Hard. For a long time. So, please, forgive me if now that we’re over, I’m exhausted.”
Sometimes you can only fight for so long for someone else and if it becomes too much in the process, it can be beyond exhausting. When or if it ever gets to that point, it’s best to let them go and make yourself happy again.
Whether you were a fan of Blair or not, there’s no denying she could uplift anyone with her wisdom.