Blake Lively's New Movie Is Suspended Until Further Notice
Blake Lively's current film, The Rhythm Section, has suspended production for an undefined amount of time following a hand injury Lively sustained on set in December.
Producers on the show confirmed the shutdown in a statement released Monday, explaining, "Hiatus on the production of The Rhythm Section has been extended due to the hand injury Blake Lively sustained while filming an action sequence on the action thriller at the end of last year."
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lively has already had one surgery on her hand, but it did not go as planned, and now she must have a second surgery, which a source reports could delay the film's schedule by as much as five months.
In a Hollywood Reporter interview with director Reed Morano at the beginning of January, Morano said Lively must be healed enough to perform stunts in the film.
"[Lively's] okay. She's just recovering," Morano said. "The problem is that normally, that kind of an injury, you would have four to six weeks of rehab and then you would wear a splint. We have to go into stunts, so it's very complicated."
The Rhythm Section is an adaptation of the first of Mark Burnell's Stephanie Patrick novels. It is a spy thriller that tells the story of a woman who is searching for answers about a plane crash that killed her family — a flight that she was meant to be on. Jude Law is also set to star alongside Lively in the film.
Lively even posted an Instagram photo from the set of the film just a week ago.
Right now, the film has a slated release date of Feb. 22, 2019. There's no word yet if that release date will be affected by this filming suspension.