Georgina Chapman Is Making Bank in Her Divorce From Harvey Weinstein
Updated Jan. 12, 1 p.m. PT: Reports are saying that Harvey Weinstein and Georgina Chapman have reached a settlement in their divorce and that, well, let's just say one party is making out a little better than the other.
E! News reports that while the former couple are still working on dividing their marital assets, Chapman is set to receive a monetary settlement from Weinstein of $15-20 million. The outlet also reports that Chapman will have primary custody of the couple's two children.
No documents have been filed, but E! reports that the settlement was reached in late December.
Harvey Weinstein's wife, Georgina Chapman, isn't standing by his side in the midst of his sexual assault scandal. She's leaving him.
In a statement issued to People, Chapman explained, "My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time."
Weinstein and Chapman were married in 2007 and share two young children, daughter India Pearl Weinstein, 7, and son Dashiell Weinstein, 4.
After news broke that Harvey Weinstein had been accused of sexually harassing or assaulting multiple women, the movie mogul said his wife was standing by his side.
"She stands 100 percent behind me. Georgina and I have talked about this at length," Weinstein told The New York Post. "We went out with [attorney] Lisa Bloom last night when we knew the article was coming out. Georgina will be with Lisa and others kicking my ass to be a better human being and to apologize to people for my bad behavior, to say I’m sorry, and to absolutely mean it."
Well, Weinstein was right about one thing. His wife will be with Bloom in that Bloom also left Weinstein's team earlier this week.
Meanwhile, the list of Hollywood women who have come forward as victims is growing. Both Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie spoke out to say Weinstein was inappropriate with them. Actresses Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette also came forward, claiming they were denied film opportunities because they denied Weinstein's advances.
Hollywood men are also being looped into the scandal. Former writer for The Times, Sharon Waxman said she tried to exposé Weinstein's misconduct years ago, but the story was shut down by her editors. She even claims to have received calls from Matt Damon and Russell Crowe, who spoke on Weinstein's behalf.
Damon was quick to respond and shoot down any claims of his involvement in a Weinstein cover-up.