Let’s be honest. Sometimes female relationships in film and television can be a bit of a downer. Catfights and backstabbing can feel like the MO. Luckily, these days the trend is all about the power in female friendship and the situations we can conquer with our ladies at our backs. And it is a trend worth celebrating.
More: 15 kickass girl-power books, as chosen by experts
Some of the strongest relationships in film and television are between women. No matter the size, shape, color or background, we are better when we band together. Through thick and thin, entertainment is exploring that bond from a truthful point of view that has given way to iconic friendships we will never forget.
If you need a little girl power in your life, these are the TV shows and movies to add to your queue.
1. Friends: Rachel, Monica & Phoebe
2. The Big Bang Theory: Penny & Amy
3. GoT: Daenerys & Missandei
4. Insecure: Issa & Molly
5. Edge of Seventeen: Nadine & Krista
6. Gossip Girl: Blair & Serena
7. Parks and Recreation: Leslie & Ann
8. Grey’s Anatomy: Meredith & Cristina
9. Sex and the City: The Foursome
More: Our fave bromance moments from actors who are BFFs
10. How I Met Your Mother: Lily & Robin
11. I Love Lucy: Lucy & Ethel
12. Gilmore Girls: Lorelai & Rory
13. Broad City: Abbi & Ilana
14. Orange Is the New Black: Taystee & Poussey
15. Thelma & Louise: Thelma & Louise
16. The Golden Girls
17. Bridesmaids: Annie & Lillian
18. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Buffy & Willow
19. Clueless: Cher & Dionne
20. Full/er House: DJ & Kimmy
21. Grease: The Pink Ladies
22. Grace and Frankie: Grace & Frankie
23. Legally Blonde: Elle & Paulette
This friendship was so great, it gave us the bend and snap.
24. The Princess Diaries: Mia & Lily
More: Best Celebrity Friendships & Relationships We’re Totally Living For
Leave a Comment