22 Times J.K. Rowling Dropped the Mic on Twitter
It's no secret that J.K. Rowling is a talented author who obviously has a way with words. The same can be said for when the Harry Potter creator takes to Twitter. Rowling can't help but drop the mic every time she logs onto her social media account.
Whether she's expressing her opinion about politics (ahem, Donald Trump), taking down Harry Potter haters, standing up for human rights or showing trolls who's boss, Rowling is the queen of Twitter.
If you aren't following her yet, then you need to remedy that immediately. Rowling's Twitter deserves your time, energy and dedication. Also, seeing how she will soon celebrate her 51st birthday (July 31), Rowling would probably appreciate a Twitter follow. Plus, it's a great way to wish her a very Happy Birthday.
If you're in need of some further convincing, here are a few times the writer used Twitter to her advantage and showed exactly why she is meant for social media.
1. When she channeled Chamillionaire
This is what happens when you troll her.
2. When she lit the match
3. When she agreed to disagree
She'll never be silenced.
4. When she pointed out the obvious
Go ahead and try not to laugh.
5. When she slammed a cartoon frog
She has spoken loudly and beautifully.
6. When she defended Serena Williams
Slay, J.K., slay.
7. When she gave a spelling lesson
This author knows best.
8. When she made a play on an idiom
She's not a writer for nothing.
9. When she trolled Trump
She can't help herself when it comes to orange Twitter eggs.
10. When she trolled Trump again
She's not his biggest fan.
11. When she trolled Trump a third time
He knows how to make her blood boil.
12. When she praised "black Hermione"
She is so here for diverse characters, especially her own.
13. When she called out Chuck Woolery
Rowling talking about penis hats is a dream come true.
14. When she was a good friend to Stephen King
This is what happens when Trump blocks Rowling's fellow author.
15. When she showed how to fact check
Seriously, you don't mess with J.K. Rowling.
16. When she so wasn't fazed
Go ahead and try to hurt her feelings. It won't work.
17. When she slammed the Westboro Baptist Church
She has zero time for homophobia.
18. When she refused to stay out of politics
Famous people can care about politics too.
19. When she used a ridiculous poll to her advantage
If something is flawed, she'll let you know.
20. When she embraced being called an "old whore"
Sticks and stones...
21. When she spelled Slytherin the right way
What do you expect when you misspell one of the houses she created?
22. When she said this
J.K., never change.
Whenever you're in need of a good comeback, be sure to head on over to her Twitter for inspiration.