Kanye West Deleted His Twitter, but These Tweets Will Live On
Do you feel that feeling? That kind of tingling feeling? That's the feeling everyone in the universe gets on the anniversary of Kanye West's birthday. And this year, it's a big one: the self-proclaimed best rapper ever is turning 40 today.
We weren't sure how to celebrate. Should we write a long, confusing political rant in which no one can tell which party we belong to? Should we dance on a floating stage? Reflect on his genius? No, we decided. The best way to celebrate the man and the artist is to listen to his entire discography in order while compiling the 40 weirdest tweets he's ever posted.
West deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts last month, and nobody's quite sure why. But we can still reflect on the greatness that was and hope for a Kanye West-tweet-filled future. Ready?
1. Maybe we all need this horse — maybe horses aren't just for music royalty
2. Wait, what is like hoodies? And how?
3. If there's one thing you should know about West, it's that he stays away from his own ass and asks that you also stay away
4. We will never forget the time West kind of asked the world out for a drink — we waited for him at the Spotted Pig all night
5. You know, now that I think about it, very few people give Santa anything much else besides cookies and milk — how thoughtless
6. We hope and assume he is referring to a rap song here
7. Hey, we all have our soft spots
8. OK, now we really believe you: You are super into fonts
9. Who knew Kanye West was such a Wicked fan?
10. Another way of saying: You can't have it all... even Kanye West
11. Kanye West might have a bit of a self-esteem problem, but, like, the opposite kind of self-esteem problem that most people have
12. This is why spell check exists: because of geniuses
13. We were planning to save some of our biggest tasks for our next life when we are reincarnated as an elephant and have more free time
14. Tweets like these are why you have shit-loads of followers, Kanye
15. This isn't just one of West's best tweets; it's one of the best tweets ever overall
16. And this one is a close runner-up (that you will never hear coming)
17. Kanye is just like us with wine. On every. Single. Night.
18. This is just plain paradoxical
19. We never thought we were that traditional until just now
20. We just don't even know where to start with this one
21. When his caps lock and exclamation games are on point
22. Wait, what?
23. What a wonderful trait — we'd bet the decision was to wait until later to purchase a bike
24. A true glimpse into the world of an internationally celebrated rapper
25. OK, an even better glimpse into the world of an internationally celebrated rapper
26. We'd pay to find out if Mark Zuckerberg picked up the phone or not
27. Sometimes you sound crazy, but honestly this time we think you might be right
28. What kind of possibilities? New shelving for your closet or starting a furniture empire?
29. So humble — even after so many years of fame
30. OK, this is just amazing
31. Are you sure your single greatest quality is not humility?
32. How do we get this kind of confidence?
33. Sometimes you have to hurt others in order to fit in your self-care
34. Yeah, this is probably the fastest way you could offend Kanye West
35. Kanye West is usually a master of wordplay, but — this isn't very good
36. West shares his special thoughts about clapping in closed areas
39. This is the first time we've gotten this complaint
40. Kanye West is 40 years old, but apparently, we know almost nothing about him
OK, that's it! A full 40 weird tweets to celebrate Kanye West's 40th birthday. And we got him a present: that glorious horse from the first tweet. We hope he can tame it.