17 celebs you didn't know released original Christmas songs and covers
Everyone loves Christmas music, so it's no surprise that many celebrities have decided to get in on the fun. Some celebs do a great job getting into the holiday spirit, but some of these Christmas songs maybe shouldn't have happened. We'll let you decide.
1. Robert Downey, Jr. & Vonda Shepard sing "White Christmas"
Yes, Iron Man seems to have a softer side when it comes to the holidays. This song is taken from his time on the show Ally McBeal.
2. Jane Lynch, Kate Flannery and Tim Davis sing, "A Swingin' Little Christmas Time"
What do you get when you mix two Glee stars, an Office star and Christmas music? A plum puddin' good time!
3. Kristen Bell sings "Text Me a Merry Christmas"
A lot can be said about millennials, but shouldn't Christmas wishes involve a little bit more than just a text message? These lyrics make us think you're suffering from low self-esteem, Kristen.
I don't care if you spell things right, I just want to hear from you tonight / Stroke those keys with a delicate touch / Type those little words that mean so much
4. Todd Chrisley sings "Go Scrooge Yourself"
Reality TV star Todd Chrisley of Chrisley Knows Best doesn't seem to know he shouldn't get into the music business. Getting "Scrooged" is what happens if you actually pay money for this CD.
5. John Lithgow & Bebe Neuwirth sing "Baby It's Cold Outside"
We love both of these actors, but somehow, it's kind of hard to picture them all alone in a snowy cabin getting ready to play randy reindeer games.
6. Pentatonix covers Kanye West's "Coldest Winter"
This awesome a cappella group fabulously covers this weepy Kanye song from 2008. Sure, it's a lot different than the version we're used to, but we think it's brilliant.
7. David Hasselhoff sings "The Christmas Song"
It wouldn't be the holidays without a heartfelt message from the Hoff, right? We just want to know why everyone, including the dog, looks so sad in this video. And why so many chickens? Are chickens a Christmas thing?
8. Calista Flockhart sings "Santa Baby"
Another sexy Christmas song goes back to Ally McBeal. Blustery blizzard, we miss that show!
9. She & Him sing "A Marshmallow World"
Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward cover this adorkable Tin Pan Alley song with just the right amount of jingle in their bells.
10. Bob Dylan sings "Must Be Santa"
So let us get this straight: Dylan doesn't have time to pick up his Nobel Prize for literature in person, but he has time to make this video? We just don't get it.
11. Miley Cyrus & Bill Murray sing "Sleigh Ride"
We like this odd-couple duet, but we still can't figure out why George Clooney is escorting Miley in the sleigh. At least we didn't have to listen to Clooney sing.
12. Snoop Dogg sings "Santa Claus Goes Straight to the Ghetto"
Our favorite part of the video is when the bottle of cheap liquor the man on the sidewalk is drinking turns into a bottle of Champagne. Clearly, Christmas gifts come in all shapes and flavors.
13. Kathie Lee Gifford sings "White Christmas"
She loves to sing. There's no crime in that. But that choker should be illegal.
14. Duck Dynasty cast sings "Duck the Halls"
You know what this song needs? More duck calls!
Said no one, ever.
15. Beck sings "Little Drum Machine Boy"
Leave it to Beck to hilariously update a holiday classic.
16. RuPaul sings "Little Drummer Boy"
The three wise women really get their gospel on, but that drummer boy seems... well, not a boy, and might have smoked too much frankincense.
17. President Obama sings "Jingle Bells"
We can't help but wonder what song the Trump family will be singing next year. We're pretty sure it won't be "Feliz Navidad."
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.