35 questions we have about Westworld Season 2
The Westworld finale tonight beautifully wrapped up what is, hands down, the best new show of 2016. Did the show have its flaws? Sure. But all in all, Westworld was a television masterpiece that has redefined the places TV can go by exploring bigger and deeper themes than we've ever seen in a series. (And I'm thinking of The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones as I say this so, trust me, I don't make that statement lightly.)
I'm clearly hooked, and the wait for Season 2 is going to be a long haul because I still have so many questions after tonight's finale.
- Who was controlling Maeve (Thandie Newton)? Was it Dr. Ford? Arnold/Bernard? Or someone unexpected?
- Was Maeve's attempt to leave the park only the illusion of control?
- Was Felix working for the person controlling Maeve all along?
- Is Maeve's daughter in Westworld or are there other worlds operating currently where she could be placed?
- Will Maeve be caught after her attempt to escape or are all the "controlling" factions now dead thanks to Dolores?
- Will Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) and Maeve team up in Season 2?
- What became of Logan?
- Did William end up marrying Logan's sister after all?
- If Ford (Anthony Hopkins) planned to have Dolores kill him all along in his "new narrative," did she ever truly wake up?
- What defines true consciousness?
- If memories are the foundation for self, is the show saying there is no God?
- If memories are the foundation for self, what is the foundation for the soul?
- Is the show suggesting memories are the soul?
- What about religion and a higher power than Ford?
- Since everyone who knew Bernard was a host is dead, except for Maeve and Felix, does that mean he will be the new CEO of Delos?
- If those were characters from Samurai World we saw as Maeve escaped, will the new world play into Season 2?
- How many host worlds are there?
- What happened to the girl Teddy met who seemed to know about Wyatt and also seemed to be awake?
- What did she and her cohorts really know?
- Will The Man in Black, aka William, survive Dr. Ford's massacre?
- What will happen to the hosts who aren't awake yet?
- Will they just continue to be pawns for the hosts who are conscious?
- Where in the world is Westworld?
- Is Westworld even on planet Earth?
- What are Ford's true intentions?
- Does Ford want the hosts to escape?
- Was Ford just trying to teach the humans a lesson?
- Did Ford really die or was that a host replica taking his place?
- After three lifetimes of trauma, what does Dolores' awakening actually look like?
- Will Dolores simply go insane?
- Is the violence we saw from Dolores only the beginning?
- Will Dr. Ford be remade as a robot like Arnold?
- Will Ramin Djawadi write the score for Season 2? Because seriously, his score for Westworld changed my life.
- What happened to Charlotte's robot (aka Abernathy, aka Dolores' original dad) and the data he housed?
- If Abernathy managed to escape Delos despite Dr. Ford's massacre, was his death and the death of the board all in vain?
What did you think of the Westworld Season 1 finale? What questions do you still have lingering?
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.