Please tell me Jon Snow isn't going to die on Game of Thrones... again
Game of Thrones just confirmed the Battle of the Bastards theory, thanks to the title release of Season 6's Episode 9, which will in fact be called "Battle of the Bastards."
The theory has gone that Jon Snow and Ramsay Bolton will face off in an epic battle for Winterfell this season, and the closer we get to the finale, the more inevitable this battle becomes. Also, rumor has it that this will be the biggest battle the show has ever had. Given all the fighting we've seen over the years, you can bet that means this battle is going to be bloody and intense.
Remember back in Season 4 at the Battle of Castle Black? That's how I'm picturing this episode is going to go down at Winterfell. And there's no way everyone is making it out alive.
Hopefully that means that Ramsay will finally get the bloody death he deserves. But Game of Thrones is very rarely just. It could also mean that Sansa, Rickon or even Jon are in some serious danger.
I refuse to believe that Jon will be killed again, though. But how many times can he avoid death in one season?
My guess is that during the Battle of the Bastards, Lady Stoneheart will finally show up and she'll confirm Jon's legitimacy. Maybe Bran will even show up with his visions in tow to help confirm his brother's (or cousin's) history. If this is the case — and I hope it is — then there is a good chance this season will end with Jon taking control of Winterfell.
If that happens, then things in Season 7 are going to get interesting, because that will make him a direct enemy of Daenerys. And since there is a good chance he and Daenerys are related, Season 7's big battle might be a battle of the Targaryens.
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
Likely deaths in the Battle of the Bastards:
- Sansa: Sad but true. Sophie Turner said that this season would be a big turning point for Sansa, which may unfortunately mean that her time has come.
- Ramsay: Fingers crossed for this one. I'm talking epic like the Purple Wedding. It's time for him to go.
- Rickon: Being in Ramsay's grasp is not a good sign for the youngest Stark, especially if Jon and Sansa attack the castle while he's still a prisoner.
- Tormund: He has become a faithful ally for Jon Snow, but the Wildlings have never had much luck in a fight.
- Ser Davos: The Onion Knight has served Jon Snow faithfully since Jon's death and resurrection, which means he might sacrifice himself for the cause.
- Brienne: Sworn to serve and protect Sansa, she would do just that at the cost of her life. Plus, with actress Gwendoline Christie's big move to movies in Star Wars, it might be her time to leave the show.
Who do you think will die in the Battle of the Bastards?
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.