Mayim Bialik will keynote the #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us conference
She's the Emmy-nominated star of television's number-one comedy, The Big Bang Theory. She's written a (vegan!) cookbook and a book on parenting. She's a tireless advocate for STEM careers for girls and women. She's the creator of Grok Nation, an online community of self-proclaimed nerds who activate change. And did I mention that she's a neuroscientist?
Yeah. I think it is entirely appropriate to say: Mayim Bialik is all that.
I have a lot of questions for Mayim, such as:
- Why is The Big Bang Theory the only great network sitcom on air (at least the only one I TiVo)? I'm sure she'll be way more diplomatic in her answer than is called for by my question.
- Why does she think an unlikely story about total geeks has resonated with such a mainstream audience — including her own lovable, quirky character, Amy Farrah Fowler?
- What's harder? Getting your Ph.D in neuroscience, getting more kids interested in STEM topics earlier and more consistently, or dealing with the modern-times-resistant sexism of Hollywood?
- Why is "grok" such a great word, both in general and for her website? Yet, why do I get strange looks when I use it? (Maybe I use it too much? Hmmm... I think I just figured out my "why.")
- And: Isn't being #vegan the awesomest?
But enough about what I want to learn from Mayim. As always, we want to know what you want to know from her. Lay those questions on us below in the comments!
#BlogHer16: Experts Among Us in Los Angeles is THE largest conference for women content creators in the world. Don’t wait: Register now: Space is limited. And sign up for the #BlogHer16 newsletter for announcements and opportunities!