Everyone but Rebecca has fallen head over heels for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend‘s Greg. (Even though we all know it’s going to happen eventually.) And Santino Fontana, the actor behind the character, definitely deserves the same admiration.
Here’s the scoop on 17 questions about life, love and, of course, Fontana’s craziest — and most terrifying — girlfriend experience ever.
1. How do you like your coffee? “With almond milk.”
2. What is your favorite exercise? “I like my off day. That’s my favorite exercise.”
3. Tell us about a scar you have and how you got it. “I don’t think I have a scar. Um, well, oh, yeah, I don’t know if this counts as a scar, but I have a baseball injury on my forearm. There’s like a little part of my forearm that looks a little different than the rest. It’s not like a scar, but it’s like a little indent. It’s from running into someone playing baseball when I was like 12 or 13.”
4. What is your biggest insecurity? “Not being able to answer interviewers’ questions.”
5. What is the best date you’ve ever been on? “My first date with my wife, which was at a restaurant in New York, and then we went to another restaurant. It was great! It wasn’t really about the date. It was about her more than anything else.”
6. Tell us about your first kiss moment. “It’s really scarring and traumatic. I think I was 12 and it was in a play! And the girl that I had to kiss was 16 and I was scared to death. I had never kissed anybody. I was 12! And the director said something like, ‘Come on, you’re acting like you’ve never kissed anyone before.’ And I thought, ‘This is insane!’ I don’t think she knew because I didn’t tell anybody that it was my first kiss because I didn’t tell the cast. I’m sure they must have thought, ‘He’s 12!'”
7. What was your first job ever? “For one summer, I worked for a contracting company for the summer. It was an office job for the summer where I basically was doing accounting things and writing down numbers. It only lasted like a month.”
8. What is your least favorite Frozen song? (Fontana also notably voiced Hans in the Disney film.) “I don’t have a least favorite. I like them all! I really do.”
9. What’s the Frozen song you sing the most around the house? “Oh, I don’t sing any of them around the house.” (laughs) “No, I’ve seen it three times. I don’t sing it. No, no, no, I don’t.”
Fontana doesn’t have children, which could also explain why he isn’t belting out “Let It Go” every chance he gets.
10. What is your favorite curse word? “Oh, boy. I think it’s bastard.”
11. Do you believe in ghosts? “Yes, sometimes. The house that I’m staying in while I’m here, the first week I was here, the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and then it just stopped. My wife and I were convinced that was a ghost trying to warn us about something. And then it never happened again and we have no idea why it happened. So, yes and no, because then a day goes by and I’m like, ‘That wasn’t a ghost.'”
12. Puberty: Hard or a piece of cake? “Hard! Who’s saying a piece of cake? Those people are bastards.” (See No. 10)
13. What is your favorite TV show? “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.”
14. If you could play any character on TV, who would it be? “I mean, I’m having fun with the one I’m doing now. I would like to play somebody loyal. And then the next year I would like to play, like, a homeless person.”
15. What is a philanthropic cause you are passionate about? “There are a lot. Alzheimer’s research and cancer research are the biggest ones. My grandmother had Alzheimer’s and both of my parents had cancer. At the same time, too. They’re both fine now.”
16. If you weren’t an actor, what career would you choose? “Well, I should say lawyer, but I think I would be a writer. I think I would be a writer and live on a lake.”
17. What is the craziest thing an ex-girlfriend has ever done to you? “Oh, that’s good. So there was a girl who I was seeing, everything was going fine. We were on a date and we were at her house and everything was normal and fine and then she put some music on her iPod, at the time. And then she stopped it and I was just sitting there and she just looked at me and said, ‘You hate my music, don’t you?’ And it was dead serious and frightening. And that’s when I knew that that relationship was over.”
Check out a new episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend tonight on The CW.