Ronda Rousey wants a guy who does nothing
What exactly does undefeated champion MMA fighter Ronda Rousey look for in a man?
The bantamweight champ took to Reddit Tuesday to answer that and other questions from fans in her first AMA.
Here are a few of our favorite questions and Ronda's badass responses.
1. What's your go-to hype music before a fight?
"I have complete silence before I walk out before a fight. No talking in the locker room, no music, cellphones on silent. If I hear a ding from you taking a video you're gonna get your own private Rowdy Glare [sic]."
2. What's your favorite cheat meal?
"Buffalo wings naked with chunky blue cheese and extra hot sauce on the side."
3. What is your idea of a great date?
"Doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. If a guy is lame, he'll have to come up with activities to distract you from his lameness. If he's all kinds of awesome, doing nothing with him with be all kinds of awesome [sic]."
4. With your exponential increase recently in exposure and recognition, do you worry about the amount of control that the media has over your image? And have you run into circumstances where you felt you were misrepresented or portrayed inaccurately by the media?
"I accept that I have NO control over my image already. So, I try not to let the state of my perception have any effect on my happiness. You can never truly know anyone through only media anyway. If anything I just try to keep in mind that I'm an entertainer and not a politician or Miss America."
5. If you could fight any historical figure, who would it be?
"Buffalo Bill. Him destroying the buffalo population of America also destroyed the Native American culture and coming from Jamestown ND, which boasts having the largest statue of a buffalo in the world, the plight of the buffalo is quite near and dear to my heart."
6. Hey Ronda! Important question here. How many chicken wings can you eat?
"At least 60 in one sitting. But there were no bets on the table. I think I could've done more if it really came down to it."
7. What's your top piece of advice for young (and not so young) women looking to get into MMA or other competitive fighting oriented sports?
"The advice: for any woman trying to break into a male-dominated career, I'd say the greatest thing you can do is always keep in mind that you always have the right to be there."
8. Do you think you would legitimately beat Floyd Mayweather in a ruleless fight?
"Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. He would definitely beat me in a boxing match. I unfortunately don't get into 'matches'. I fight for a living. In a no rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet. Boxing is a sweet science with strict rules that I respect very much and aspire every day to improve at. But you said ruleless fight, and that's my honest answer."
9. I'm incredibly inspired by your eating disorder recovery through UFC. When I was struggling with anorexia, I felt so weak and powerless, and feel so strong after recovery. How does it feel to conquer something so daunting? I feel like it makes you invincible!
"Thanks for the kind words. It feels very liberating to free of the guilt that used to come with every meal. And I feel like I have so much extra space in my brain now that I'm not constantly thinking about the next meal and trying to eat as much as possible every day while still losing weight. I feel amazing. I look amazing. And I just ate some bomb-ass french toast this morning. I'm so happy to hear about all the progress you've made on yourself and best of luck for the future [sic]."