Sarah Michelle Gellar as Cinderella is making it clear that being charming is for princes. Princesses throw down.
And she is doing just that in a seriously hilarious rap battle against YouTube actress Whitney Avalon as Belle.
— Sarah Michelle (@SarahMGellar) January 26, 2015
Gellar clearly had a blast making the video and Avalon added, “These are silly, short little videos, but I think there is a message of standing up for yourself and being brave in a world where females are still fighting for equality and power and a voice,” she told People. “And it makes me cry with happiness that people are excited abut that message.”
The rhymes definitely resonate and we’ve picked a few of our favorite clever lines from the respective princesses.
1. “Let’s look at your mentality, Freud loves your abnormality/The Stockholm Syndrome story: Beauty and the Bestiality.”
2. “Of course you’re bitter, I’m the No. 1 star/Pumpkin carriage, perfect marriage, no one cares who you are.”
3. “You followed in my footsteps, without me there’s no you/Disney built an empire on these tiny glass shoes.”
4. “I’m the American dream with a fairy-tale wedding/You’ve got teapots for friends and I think your man’s shedding.”
1. “Cindy’s dreaming she’s important, well, somebody should wake her/This gold-digging trophy wife’s the royal baby-maker.”
2. “Your tale as old as time sets us back 50 years/Do your chores, clean the floors ’til a man just appears?”
3. “You say you wanna party, next you run off down the halls/It’s like you always choke once you make it to the balls.”
4. “The moral of our quarrel and why I’ve got you beat/It’s what’s inside that matters, not the size of your feet.”
Watch the full rap battle below.