Australia is unofficially part of Europe now, and Guy Sebastian is representing us on the world stage.
Finally, the word is out about who will be representing Australia on the big Eurovision stage. The suspense was agonising as we were left wondering which Australian music icon would step up as the wild card candidate. There was talk of Kylie Minogue and other Aussie music favourites, but in the end, it was Guy Sebastian who was chosen.
“It’s not every day you get to perform in front of that sort of audience, 200 million, beats the local RSL,” Guy said after his participation was announced. “I want [the song choice] to represent us as a nation well, but also just be fun or be emotional. Either super fun or like a big ballad or something that showcases my voice.”
Guy is going to nail his Eurovision song entry and here’s why:
1. Guy knows a thing or two about music show voting systems:
10 years today @GuySebastian was the first winner of Australian idol in 2003. what beautiful memories a gift ♥ pic.twitter.com/M9IknUUotE
— eftalia kompogiorgas (@eftaliak) November 19, 2013
Not only did Guy Sebastian win Australian Idol in 2003, he also came seventh in World Idol. He clearly knows how to work a crowd and make people vote for him.
2. He’s got experience with arena shows and will feel as comfortable as ever on the stage:
I was so lucky to get to see the amazing @GuySebastian in concert last night! That voice tho! #goosebumps 😊🎶💗 pic.twitter.com/857VWX5Nnq
— Leanne B (@Cosmic_Lea) February 21, 2015
3. Eurovision is all about colourful costumes and big personalities. Guy Sebastian has got that covered:
This elf next to @GuySebastian looks suspiciously like @wippa… #CarolsInTheCity pic.twitter.com/JI0xDMo6To
— Nova 96.9 (@nova969) December 14, 2014
4. But he also scrubs up nicely, too, if he decides to go the ballad route:
#NowOnKissFm Guy Sebastian – Ben (The Jackson 5 Cover) #OldSkoolCover lagu ini aslinya tahun 1972. pic.twitter.com/5fZb6SxGVH
— 105 KISS FM MEDAN (@105kissfmmedan) January 14, 2015
5. He’s just an Aussie bloke trying to multitask being a parent with being a big kid himself, which is why the public is going to love him:
"I've been taking the kids for walks.." but Elf Cam caught this;) lol @GuySebastian @TheSebastianFDN #CarolsInTheCity pic.twitter.com/b6nYQoE6dv
— Mel (@Mel_Tea) December 14, 2014
6. The man can sing, too, obviously. That voice is going to blow Eurovision away:
Watch: @GuySebastian performs an acoustic version of 'Mama Ain't Proud' on #TheRiff Records http://t.co/VPoFHCAMv2 pic.twitter.com/jTpFre0gJg
— [V] (@vmusic_au) November 22, 2014
7. When Guy Sebastian releases something new, it’s big. He’s got more than 50 gold and platinum certifications and he writes his own music, too:
Wow so much heart & soul in this album..love it @GuySebastian: Thanks for the love! pic.twitter.com/YebidoiAwx
— DG (@mis_nomore) November 21, 2014
8. This has got to count for something, too, right?
What do you think about Guy Sebastian representing Australia at Eurovision? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
More music news
Brit Awards 2015: As told by Instagram
Beyoncé’s even more beautiful in leaked, unPhotoshopped pictures
BBC’s ageism against Madonna is outrageous and we must take a stand
Leave a Comment