They grace our televisions and our magazines daily, so when celebrities become parents the names they choose for their children are also in the spotlight. Let’s take a look at the names that graced 2012…
When it comes to the names that are chosen by celebrities for their children, there’s little surprise that the names of these new mini celebrities will enter the spotlight almost the second they arrive into the world.
2012 was a year that saw plenty of new mini celebs welcomed into the world, from local Aussie musician Guy Sebastian to global superstars like Uma Thurman. Just like the variety that exists in the personalities of celebs worldwide, the same variety and unique attitudes make their way into the baby names they choose, too.
The not-so-hot celebrity baby names of 2012
- Sabbath Page Wielandt was welcomed into the world by Zakk Wylde and wife Barbaranne. No guessing where the inspiration came from for this little one’s name.
- West was welcomed by country singer Randy Houser and his wife Jessa. Jessa reportedly tweeted, “We have the most beautiful son in the world! Our very own little Wild Wild West.”
- Astala Dylan Willow Cohen-Geldof stands out if nothing else. These were the names chosen by Peaches Geldof and Thomas Cohen for their new son.
- Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence is a name that outdoes any other. Uma Thurman and Arpad Busson were definitely adventurous with this one.
- Ever was the name chosen by Aussie actress Toni Pearen. She’s not alone in using this name in the celebrity world, but it definitely stands out as unique.
- Blue Ivy, a quirky play on an associated male colour for their daughter, was the choice for Beyonce and Jay-Z
Hot celebrity baby names of 2012
Old-fashioned names appear quite frequently in some of the hottest celebrity baby names of 2012. Names that once adorned our grandparents are heading back to the top of the most popular names lists. Perhaps those way out, strange names may have had their day.
- Indigo “Ellen Dusek” Lund was the name given to the daughter of Jules Lund and his wife Anna. The middle names were in reference to Anna’s sister and maiden name.
- Charlotte Diana Spencer is the daughter of Earl Charles Spencer and wife Karen. A beautiful tribute to his late sister, and one that touches the hearts of people worldwide.
- Olive, a beautiful name that was popular in past decades was the name chosen by Drew Barrymore and husband Will Kopelman for their daughter.
- Mabel Ray is another step back into yesteryear and was the name given by couple Bruce Willis and second wife Emma Heming to their new daughter.
- Hudson James is the very manly little name given to the son of singer Guy Sebastian and wife Jules.
Hot or not?
Let us know your opinion in the comments below!