This flavour packed meal is perfect served for guests when you are entertaining, or simply for the family.
This amazingly tasty entrée will serve 4 and take not more than one hour to prepare and cook! What’s not to like when bacon is involved? Enjoy!
- 600 g fresh pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded, cut into chunks
- 12 individual spring onions, (or shallots), ends trimmed, halved
- 1 X 3 second spray Always Fresh Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tsp (s) cumin seed
- 1/2 cup (s) fresh basil
- 560 g skinless chicken breast, (4 x 140g fillets)
- 4 rasher lean middle bacon
- 400 g tomato, (cherry tomatoes, or baby truss)
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Arrange pumpkin and onions in a baking tray and spray with oil. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Place 2 basil leaves on each chicken breast fillet, then wrap a bacon rasher around each one, securing them with cocktail sticks.
Remove vegetables from oven and turn. Arrange chicken breasts on top and bake for a further 20-25 minutes, adding tomatoes 5 minutes before end of the cooking time. Check that chicken is cooked, by using a sharp knife to pierce thickest part. Chicken juices should just run clear. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve garnished with remaining basil leaves and extra cracked black pepper.
Try using Spanish or brown onions cut into wedges in place of the shallots. Any leftovers will store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days, and are great incorporated into a toasted sandwich or wrap for a quick meal.