There isn’t a dish much more decadent and luxurious than lobster. They are, alongside oysters, truffles and caviar, in the self-indulgent stakes and are a fabulous treat to have now and again. Many people shy away from lobster, assuming it is extremely expensive, but when it is in season it is actually very reasonable which should be snatched up while it can be! If you want to try cooking lobster, but don’t really know where to begin, here is a simple recipe guaranteed to make you feel like your meal is fit for a king.
Grilled Lobster tails with herbs and butter
- 1 small cube salted butter
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- Black pepper
- 4 lobster tails, fresh
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ground sea salt
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Fresh chive sprigs
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Add butter, chives, dill, tarragon, minced garlic, chilli sauce and black pepper in a large bowl with a rubber spatula. Mix this together thoroughly.
- Cover with cling film and set aside.
- Using kitchen scissors, butterfly the lobster tails straight down the middle of the softer underside of the shell. Cut the meat down the centre without cutting all the way through. Insert a skewer in the lobster tail so the tail stands straight. Garnish the tails with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the lobster tails shell side down over medium high heat about 4–5 minutes, until the shells are bright in color.
- Turn the tails over and spoon a generous tablespoon of butter onto the flesh. Grill until the lobster meat is a white color – about 4 minutes.
- Remove lobster tails from the grill and serve with more herb butter and lemon wedges and chive sprigs.
More Delicious recipes
Traditional fish and chips
Mango and chilli trout
Wine, garlic and parsley mussels