A chocolate mousse always goes down well at a dinner party and the key is to get it light and fluffy in texture. Many people think mousses are terribly difficult to make, but they are in fact, incredibly easy and so tasty. Adding orange into the mix gives it a tangy taste perfect for the more summery weather. It is sumptuous, elegant and your friends will be convinced you have slaved over it for hours.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150 grams good quality chocolate
- 75 milliters orange juice
- orange zest
- Melt chocolate over low heat in microwave, keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Beat egg yolks into the melted chocolate.
- Add orange juice.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour into individual containers and sprinkle zest on the top of the mousse.
- Leave in fridge for 2-3 hours. Simple!