Skip to main content Skip to header navigation

Hope Solo in hot water again, will miss next 2 games

Hope Solo is at it again.

It was just six days ago that Solo got off the hook for the alleged domestic violence incident involving her sister and nephew. And now she will miss the next two USWNT matches after being suspended for 30 days.

Solo, whose middle name seems to be trouble, got all hot and bothered, as is her style, when her husband, Jerramy Stevens, was pulled over and was subsequently arrested on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.

There has been no official report of her behavior, but TMZ has reported that they were told Solo was “acting belligerent” and took out her cell phone to record the officers while they arrested her husband.

Solo was not arrested or charged with anything.

More: Hope Solo weds man accused of assaulting her

According to TMZ, the Olympian and U.S. Women’s National Team goalie was a “major pain” and the cops came close to arresting her for disorderly conduct. They also report that Stevens, a former NFL player, refused a breath test, and after being taken to the hospital for a blood test, the police became “convinced he was wasted.”

Police say he was initially pulled over for having his headlights off just before 2 a.m. on Monday.

Solo had been attending a two-week training camp with the U.S. Women’s National Team when the governing body decided it was time for her to take a break.

U.S. coach Jill Ellis said in an official statement, “During our current national team camp, Hope made a poor decision that resulted in a negative impact on U.S. Soccer and her teammates. We feel at this time it is best for her to step away.”

More: Solo slams press, new husband lands in jail

Solo will miss the team’s next matches against France and England, and her suspension will be reviewed after 30 days.

Solo released an official statement, saying, “I accept and respect the federation’s decision, and more importantly, I apologize for disappointing my teammates, coaches and the federation who have always supported me. I think it is best for me to take a break, decompress from the stress of the last several months and come back mentally and physically ready to positively contribute to the team.”

More: Hope Solo says her name will be cleared after arrest

You might be wondering why she wasn’t suspended when the domestic violence incident was going on. During that time, Solo was not active on the U.S. team and since she was not on duty and the facts were still being disputed, USSF was waiting to decide what actions, if any, to take once the legal issues had been settled. Since that case was dismissed, due to witness noncompliance, no actions were taken.

Leave a Comment

Comments are closed.