Pretty Little Liars' Janel Parrish teases Mona's return (VIDEO)
Pretty Little Liars' Janel Parrish doesn't understand why Dancing With the Stars suddenly made people so fascinated with her love life, and we have to agree. There are tons more that makes this girl a star, and we've got it all for you.
Of course, we had to talk Pretty Little Liars and her character Mona's surprising death on the show.
"Thank God [executive producer I.] Marlene [King] called me when she was going to tell me that I died," Parrish admitted, "and she was like, 'You are dead, but I want you to know that you still have a job for two more years. You're not going anywhere. You're just going to be the new flashback girl.' So I said, 'OK, I trust you. As long as I still have a job, you can do whatever you want with my character.'"
"My heart stopped," Parrish said, explaining when King initially told her she was going to die. "But she knew that would happen so she followed it very quickly with, "Don't worry, you still have a job."
Mona fans are rejoicing along with Parrish because two more years means lots more exciting Mona moments.
"Lots of Mona flashbacks," Parrish promised. "The second half of the season will be all about finding out what happened to Mona and did Alison kill her. And through flashbacks, you will find out what exactly happened."
Check out the video above to find out which side of Mona that Parrish loves portraying the most.
Parrish also dished on her ideas about the identity of A. She was sure to qualify, "I have no idea who A is," But that doesn't mean she doesn't have a good time trying to guess. "It would be pretty great if it was one of the parents. What if it's a man who's, like, obsessed with Alison and it's a parent?"
And Parrish also told us just which parent she thinks would be the most shocking. Watch the interview for more.
18 Fast facts with Janel Parrish
1. Book she's reading right now: "Gone Girl."
2. Book she read in school that positively shaped her: "I'm trying to think back to when I was in school... The Island of the Dolphins. I loved that book!"
3. Favorite school subject: "English."
4. Favorite movie ever: "Moulin Rouge."
5. What she hates on pizza: "Any vegetables."
6. The scariest thing about the future: "Not knowing what's going to happen." But she said she hopes for, "Happiness. It's the unknown that's terrifying."
7. If she got another tattoo, it would be: "It's going to happen. Sorry, mom and dad. A lotus, because it's the only flower that can bloom in the darkness, and I love that."
8. Her spirit animal: "A wolf."
9. A person she wants to have coffee with: "I mean, Ryan Gosling's cool."
10. How she likes her coffee: "An Americano really strong with just a little bit of nonfat milk."
11. Her favorite curse word: "The bad one [the f-word]... it describes everything really strongly."
12. The color of her bedroom: "Gray and black."
13. One experience she feels she missed out on: "High school. I only went to one year of public school then moved to LA and was put in home school, and I hated it. I really wish that I'd experienced a real high school career."
14. A time she felt most nervous: "The first dance I did for Dancing With the Stars was terrifying."
15. The last person she called: "My sister. This morning. I talk to her every day. We're best friends."
16. A recurring dream she often has: "Usually, that I'm running from something or someone, and I can fly, and that's how I get away."
17. Her bedtime: "Midnight. But lately it's been earlier because I have a puppy now, and she wakes me up at 5, 6 in the morning to take her out."
18. What inspires her: "Music." She also said we might see some original songs in the near future. "I'm just starting to make it in to record some covers. Just to put it out there. I love music, and it's something that I want to always have in my life. But I do also write so eventually, hopefully, I'll start exploring that as well."