Mrs. Doubtfire home set on fire — check out the damage
The San Francisco home made famous by Robin Williams' 1993 comedy film Mrs. Doubtfire was set on fire on Monday night.
According to the Daily Mail, the home is now owned by plastic surgeon Dr. Douglas K. Ousterhout, who told police that he is having troubles with a former client. However, he is not certain who is to blame for the damage caused to his home.
According to TMZ, police officials say that the arsonist doused the doormat with gasoline or some other type of flammable liquid to start the fire at around 8:00 p.m. on Monday. The damage was not too serious (although scorch marks are visible on the door and the garage) because luckily Dr. Ousterhout was able to put out the fire after he smelled the smoke fumes from inside his home.
The house has significant meaning for many fans of the late Robin Williams, and at the time of his passing it was used as the scene of a memorial. In August, fans left flowers and cards as a tribute to the actor, and the home continues to serve as a popular stop for fans who are eager to have their photo taken outside the iconic building.
"I think it's sad that kind of a monument like that's involved in something like that because people do come, people come to see it. Kids come to see it. That's why we're here," tourist George Gieger told KGO.
Check out the damage in the video below.