Thank goodness for #ThrowbackThursdays.
Seriously, how did we chronicle life, fashion, relationships and entertainment before social media? Sure we had film, polaroid pictures, camcorders and voice recorders, but it just wasn’t as easy to hop on Instagram and see awesome blasts from the past featuring your favorite celebs.
2014 was definitely the year of the #TBT, and these posts prove why. Though this year was awesome, this selection of photos is so stinkin’ adorable they will leave you longing for the simpler times of the ’70s, ’80s and ’90s.
1. Ellen DeGeneres throwing it way back
We can’t get over DeGeneres in her (now) vintage yellow dress.
2. Michelle Obama celebrates National Siblings Day
Her little pigtails are so innocent and classic.
3. Gisele Bündchen’s whole family
They are all adorable and Gisele is a dead ringer for her mother.
4. Kris Jenner’s fancy 1980s wedding getup
Check out a tiny Kourtney Kardashian hanging out at the bottom of the picture!
5. Jimmy Fallon looking studly
The picture is fake, but the fashion disaster is real.
6. Lauren Conrad’s adorable toddler photo
If you say you don’t think LC looks exactly like Michelle Tanner in this photo, we don’t believe you.
7. Kelly Osbourne’s 8th birthday
The plaid, the pearls, the polka dots, Ozzy’s beret. What’s not to like here?
8. Kim Kardashian and Nicole Richie at 13
Before the infamous sex tape, reality shows and fame, there were braces and two totally normal-looking teenage girls.
9. Katy Perry’s premonition
She always knew she’d be a pop star. Her shirt even said so way back in 1999.
10. Jessica Alba on 90210
This photo is pretty much the ’90s in a nutshell. Complete with the obligatory Kelly Taylor shot.
11. #TBT to the movie that started it all for Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe
Image: Reese Witherspoon/Instagram
They were perfect together in Cruel Intentions.
12. Kate Upton proves she was always a swimsuit model
Image: Kate Upton/Instagram
But wasn’t always a prima donna.
13. Jared Leto reminds us he has always had amazing hair
Image: Jared Leto/Instagram
And quite possibly was the first to rock the ombré.
14. Hilary Duff remembers a time when chopsticks were all the rage
Image: Hilary Duff/Instagram
We bet Aaron Carter helped do her hair.