On Wednesday, it was announced that Neil Patrick Harris would finally host the one big awards show he hasn’t helmed yet — the Oscars. He will take over where Ellen DeGeneres left off earlier this year.
With all of the excitement surrounding the triple threat’s new gig, we decided to take a look at why the night will be epic for all of us watching. Here is NPH in GIFs doing what he does best — entertaining us all.
1. He has famous cool friends like Elmo
2. He likes to drink and the Oscars could use more of that
3. His musical numbers are always epic
4. Even though the Tonys have nothing to do with the Oscars, we wouldn’t mind a little Hedwig action at the show
5. He’s always on top of pop culture, like his “drop mic” moment with Audra McDonald at the Tonys
6. He and husband, David Burtka, are so cute together; we hope we get adorable moments like this at the Oscars
The Oscars will air on Sunday, Feb. 22, 2015.