Miles Teller responds to Divergent controversy (VIDEO)
Divergent is set to be the next big franchise, but last week, one of the stars of the dystopian trilogy, Miles Teller, had some very negative comments about his filming experience.
Among the comments, Teller revealed to W magazine that he did not find his character, Peter, interesting and that he basically took the part for business reasons.
"I didn't have an interesting part," Teller explained, "and I'd taken the film for business reasons: It was the first movie I'd done that was going to have an international audience. I called my agent and said, 'This sucks.'"
However, Teller is now trying to clear up all the controversy that surrounded his comments.
During an interview with HuffPost Live on Tuesday, the The Spectacular Now actor explained that his interview with W magazine was not framed correctly.
"I think we talked on the phone for an hour, and if the conversation was transcribed I don't think it would have been framed the way it was framed," he said.
Teller then went on to explain what he meant by saying he took the film for business reasons, and it doesn't look like he meant it in a snotty way at all.
"I've been offered good money to do absolutely terrible scripts that I haven't done. I guess the business reasons for me [to join Divergent] — it was a smaller part acting wise — but it would give me an opportunity to be in a film that would be seen internationally," he explained.
"A big reason why I did the film was working with Shailene [Woodley] and a director [Neil Burger], who I had just seen his film Limitless, that I really enjoyed. So those were the business reasons," Teller continued.
The actor also told W magazine that he felt "dead inside," but explained that the reason for those comments was that he was burned out after working on four films back to back.
"It's not that I was feeling dead inside — I'm not that poetic — I was just really burnt out is what it was," Teller confessed.