20 Amazing quotes from Girls we can totally relate to
In honor of Girls' Emmy nominations, we wanted to take a moment to recognize the brilliance that is the writing on the show. Whether you're in the heart of that 20-something angst or looking back on it, there is something for each of us to relate to in this show, and we can't get enough of these generationally perfect lines.
1. "You know what the weirdest part about having a job is? You have to be there every day, even on the days you don't feel like it." — Jessa
2. "Sometimes being stuck in my own head is so exhausting that it makes me want to cry." — Marnie
3. "I have work, then this dinner thing, then I am busy trying to become who I am." — Hannah
4. "[It's a] nice opportunity for us to have fun together and prove to everyone via Instagram that we could still have fun as a group." — Marnie
5. "I don't even want a boyfriend. I just want someone who wants to hang out all the time and thinks I'm the best person in the world and wants to have sex with only me." — Hannah
6. "I'm offended by all the 'supposed tos'. I don't like women telling other women what to do or how to do it or when to do it." — Jessa
7. "Please don't tell anyone this, but I wanna be happy." — Hannah
8. "I just wish someone would tell me, like, 'This is how the rest of your life should look.'" — Marnie
9. Marnie: "Since when is Jessa even a drug addict?
Hannah: "She's really just a life addict."
10. "Sometimes being really good all the time feels really bad. But I'm on a journey. It's my journey and I'm OK." — Marnie
11. "I'm attracted to everyone when I first meet them. And then it wears off. It always wears off." — Jessa
12. "When we are together, he's so there, and he's so present, and then... he disappears for two weeks, and doesn't answer any of my text messages, and I feel as though I invented him." — Hannah
13. "It is really liberating to say no to s*** you hate." — Hannah
14. "Don't waste time on guilt, Hannah. Holding on to toxic relationships is what keeps us from growing." — Adam
15. "I'm anxious, not depressed!" — Shoshanna
16. "But you're very, very charming and I really care about you. And I don't want to anymore, because it feels too s***ty for me." — Hannah
17. "I always have sex with people I know. I may know that they're bad. But I know them." — Hannah
18. "I'm socializing. I'm sorry if that's not working for you, my social butterflyness." — Shoshanna
19. "I wanna get married wearing a veil. And I wanna taste, like, 15 cakes before I do it." — Hannah
20. "There are certain people who are meant to remain in your past. I made a mistake trying to repurpose you." — Hannah
The 2014 Primetime Emmys air Aug. 25 on NBC.