Simone survives the bus accident but is nearly killed by a new danger while Jack and Kate try to get whatever information they can from her in “5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.”
I don’t know why, but somehow I keep expecting that this show will give us an episode where the audience can take a few relaxing breaths. You’d think I would know by now that that is not what you get out of 24: Live Another Day.
- ICYMI last time…
- Margot made an announcement that she wanted the president to turn himself in or she would kill thousands of people.
- Jack took Kate on a mission to meet with the arms dealer who was connected to Margot.
- Kate was given to the arms dealer as a fake traitor so that Jack could get closer. Jack drugged her so that she couldn’t be questioned but they had an antidote.
- Kate was tortured while Jack tried to buy time so that he could get Chloe to track some information on the arms dealer’s computer.
- The prime minister didn’t trust Jack and sent in his own men which nearly destroyed the entire operation. All they got was a phone number that they tracked to London.
- The phone was Simone’s, who was in London on orders to kill Naveed’s sister and niece as they knew too much. She was forced to stab her sister-in-law and when she chased her niece into the street, she was struck by a bus.
This episode was particularly nerve-wracking. In addition to the standard minutes-ticking-by clock, there were also moments where I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest. Jack and Kate tracked down the number Chloe found on the arms dealer and discovered that Simone had been hit by a bus. If I hadn’t seen it happen in the previous episode, I might have thought it was the punchline to some joke, but by some miracle, Simone had actually survived her run-in with the bus.
Jack and Kate thought they were in luck once they knew they had Simone, but nothing would ever be that easy. As they were trying to get information out of both Yasmin and Simone, Margot was discovering what had happened to Simone. Any normal mother would have been worried about her daughter, but of course the first thing Margot wanted to know was whether or not Simone had killed her sister-in-law and niece. Oh and also whether or not the police had figured out who her daughter really was.
Once Margot discovered that Yasmin was still alive and Simone had dared to try and get them out of London to safety, all bets were off. At that point, I really wasn’t surprised at all when she ordered her son to send a drone to blow up an entire hospital. That’s when the real nail-biting began as Jack and Kate rushed to evacuate the hospital and get their two witnesses out of the building.
I thought they had made it when they raced out just before the first blast, but Margot wasn’t nearly done with them yet. This show has already had some exciting scenes but Jack driving in front of a drone that kept repeatedly firing on them was the most exhilarating yet.
While Jack and Kate were having their adventures, Jordan was having some of his own. Steve sent the poor guy out to be killed after getting too close to uncovering the frame-up of Kate’s husband, but little did Steve realize just how tough Jordan was. He was shot and fell into a freezing river and he survived. Way to go, Jordan.
I would love to call the final moments of the episode shocking, but by the time we got to that point, I knew exactly what Heller was going to do. In a way, it made perfect sense that he would offer himself to Margot. After all, he’s getting sicker and probably believes he will no longer be useful, so why not give the terrorist what she wants? I just hope that Jack can stop him because I don’t care what she says, I think Margot will still kill everyone, even if she does get Heller.
My favorite bits:
Yasmin telling Kate that she hoped Simone died. I can’t say I blame the poor kid at all.
Simone begging Jack not to leave her.
Kate going back to get Yasmin.
Jack driving to avoid missiles while simultaneously trying to talk Simone into betraying her mother. Talk about multitasking.
Jack sending the empty car out of the tunnel. I knew he was going to do it, but still. Bloody brilliant.
Jordan climbing out of the river. Yes. I knew he was alive.
Heller offering to surrender himself to Margot.