Skip to main content Skip to header navigation

Arrests made in Miley Cyrus home robbery incident

Two suspects have been arrested on suspicion of breaking into Miley Cyrus’ home and stealing an expensive car and jewelery.

Photo credit: Sakura/

Police arrested two people on Thursday who they believed robbed the home of singer Miley Cyrus last weekend, according to TMZ.

VIDEO: Miley Cyrus’ tour bus catches fire >>

The Los Angeles Police Department took in a man and a woman, both in their early 20s, while they were walking down the street in North Hollywood this morning. The duo were identified by surveillance video taken at the scene of the crime. Authorities do not believe the suspects have any known ties to Cyrus.

According to police reports, the couple in question hopped a fence onto the “Wrecking Ball” singer’s property and took off with a $102,000 Maserati sports car and a ton of expensive jewelry. Cyrus was out of town when the incident occurred, but seemed unfazed by the incident as she continued to upload social media posts of herself partying and having a good time.

The Maserati was abandoned and recovered shortly after it was stolen on Saturday night. Police have yet to recover the stolen jewels.

Kardashian sisters Kourtney and Khloé found themselves in a similar home invasion predicament earlier this year. On March 3, about $250,000 worth of jewelry was taken from Khloé’s Tarzana, California, home, which she at one time shared with estranged husband Lamar Odom. Shortly after, $50,000 in cash was stolen from Kourtney’s Calabasas, California, residence. At one point, both crimes were suspected to be an inside job.

As for Cyrus, the professional twerker is certainly experiencing a run of bad luck in 2014. In April, she was heartbroken when she found out her beloved dog, Floyd, had died while she was out on tour. “I Keep asking why would the world take my sweet boy from me? A question an infinite amount of mothers before & after me will ask after losing their precious baby,” she wrote about the loss. Shortly after the death, Cyrus was forced to cancel numerous tour dates while she was hospitalized after having a severe allergic reaction to a prescription medication she was taking.

Leave a Comment

Comments are closed.