Paul McCartney came down with an illness while on tour in Asia, and it looks like it may have been worse than he originally let on.
It has been a rough week for Paul McCartney, and it appears it is just getting worse. After being forced to cancel his Asian tour due to a virus, the Beatle was admitted to a Japanese hospital.
“Since contracting a virus last week that led to the postponement of tour dates, Paul received successful medical treatment at a hospital in Tokyo,” a rep for McCartney told People. “He will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days’ rest. Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world.”
After canceling his tour, McCartney posted a statement on his website saying that the doctor had ordered “complete rest.”
“Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight,” he said. “I was really hoping that I’d be feeling better today. I’m so disappointed and sorry to be letting my fans down.”
McCartney posted the message on Twitter.
Tokyo National Stadium shows to be postponed – here is the statement pic.twitter.com/a7m3HpYCnY
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) May 18, 2014
McCartney seemed particularly upset he had to cancel Wednesday’s date in Seoul. “I was really looking forward to visiting and playing in South Korea for the first time and I’m sorry to be letting fans down. I’m very disappointed by this and hope to be able to visit soon.”
The singer kept in good spirits, though, and continued to post on Twitter even while feeling under the weather.
Thank you for all your lovely messages Japan!
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) May 17, 2014
On Thursday, May 22, he posted a Throwback Thursday photo of himself and a fluffy friend.
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) May 22, 2014