Image courtesy of HBO
Wake us up when it’s April 6. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already read the books or if you’re just a fan of the TV show, Season 4 of Game of Thrones is going to be well worth the wait. The 15-minute preview is enough to make us think the only reasonable thing we can do until the new season premieres is go read the books again.
Every moment of the new trailer is worth the watch but, of course, there are some standout moments we just had to point out.
- 1. Rory McCann (aka Sandor Clegane, aka The Hound) says he shed a tear over The Red Wedding.
- 2. Peter Dinklage says, “We pick up the pieces and top it in many ways.”
- 3. David Benioff says Tyrion almost loses his head nearly every episode this season.
- 4. Peter Dinklage tells us, “Tyrion and Jamie definitely have a love that Tyrion doesn’t have with the other members of his family.”
- 5. John Bradley, who plays Samwell, thinks Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was made to play Jaime Lannister. We agree.
- 6. The only redeeming quality the cast can come up with for Joffrey comes from McCann, who says, “He’s got nice eyes.”
- 7. The Purple Wedding was just as grand to film as it looks on the screen.
- 8. Dani gets a throne room.
- 9. The dragons become untamed.
- 10. Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor, says the most awkward moment was wearing prosthetic privates.
- 11. Bradley says the most terrifying scene he’s had to film was the opening shot of Season 3. “Thanks very much. I don’t know what they’re paying you, but it’s not enough.”
- 12. The wolves are actually a “big, green sausage dummy being shoved in your face,” according to Kit Harington, who plays Jon Snow.
- 13. Dinklage and Coster-Waldau danced on set during their break. The extras loved it but the crew, not so much.
- 14. Gwendoline Cristie, who plays Brienne of Tarth, gets so excited over Season 4. Could she be any cuter?
- 15. Maisie Williams, who plays Arya, says, “The good guys are coming back this year.”