Words of wisdom from our favorite female celebs
Being in the public eye gives celebrities unique insight, and these wonderful women have given us some words that are truly inspiring.
- Sandra Bullock: "Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts. You have to remember this when you find yourself at the beginning."
- Oprah Winfrey: "I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that's how I operate my life."
- Judy Garland: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."
- Queen Latifah: "I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences... I'm human, not perfect, like anybody else."
- Ellen DeGeneres: "I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we're all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose... When you connect with that love and that compassion, that's when everything unfolds."
- Margaret Thatcher: "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
- Lady Gaga: "I used to walk down the street like I was a superstar... I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be — and then to fight so hard for it every day that the lie becomes the truth."
- Kristen Stewart: "I think it's ridiculous that you need to look a certain way to be conventionally pretty."
- Jillian Michaels: "If you act like a victim, life is going to victimize you. You're going to get kicked and you're going to get knocked down, but how you respond to that is what makes or breaks us."
- Julia Roberts: "If you love someone, you say it, right then, out loud. Otherwise, the moment just passes you by."
- Maya Angelou: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
- Jennifer Aniston: "The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain."
- Angelina Jolie: "Figure out who you are separate from your family and the man or woman you're in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that's the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else."
- Sofia Vergara: "I'm fearless. I don't complain. Even when horrible things happen to me, I go on."
- Tyra Banks: "Never dull your shine for somebody else."
- Jane Fonda: "You can do one of two things: just shut up, which is something I don't find easy, or learn an awful lot very fast, which is what I tried to do."
- Drew Barrymore: "God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped."
- Janis Joplin: "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
- Kate Upton: "I love my body. It's what God gave me."
Which quote is your favorite? Let us know in the comments.