10 Things you didn't know about The Voice winner Tessanne Chin
You know Tessanne Chin as the winner of The Voice 2013, but here are 10 things you might not know about the newly awarded champion.
Tessanne Chin walked away from The Voice with the statue, $100,000 and a recording contract, but it won't be her first time recording an album. Below are 10 other things you may not know about the new champion from the team of sexiest man alive Adam Levine.
1. Chin moved to England with her family when she was 11 or 12 and experienced culture shock — and weather shock!
2. Their father had a studio in the house. It had always been a dream of his, but it was never realized until his two youngest children, Tessanne and her older sister Tami, became interested in music.
3. Chin and her sister are no strangers to the spotlight. Both are accomplished musical artists who have been recording and touring successfully for years.
4. In 2010, Tessanne Chin and her sister Tami were featured on a television segment on Island Stylee. The presenter said she "could fill a stadium and rock the house."
5. On Thursday, April 23, 2010, Kes Dieffenthaller and Chin released their video for "Loving You" on Toronto Lime. The song was written by Kees Dieffenthaller, Tessanne Chin & Kasey Phillips and recorded at the Underground Ground Studio in Jamaica.
6. According to Tami Chin, Tessanne is a very funny girl, but is very shy when she's not in front of the camera.
7. Chin released her debut album on Jan. 4, 2011. Here's what she had to say about it on her Facebook page: "Today's the Day !!!! The release of my debut album "In Between Words" Omg I've waited my whole life for this and now it's really happening:) !!!"
8. On March 19, 2011, Chin married Michael Anthony Cuffe Jr. at the Coyaba Hotel in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, after a year-long engagement. She made no mention of it on her Facebook page until her anniversary, when she posted a photo of them on their wedding day. On March 20, 2011, she merely posted, "Just had the most AMAZING weekend!"
9. As a gift to her fans, Chin launched her website on Dec. 23, 2011. She thanked her fans for being so supporting and showing her so much love throughout the years with a bunch of Xs and Os.
10. On Sept. 3, 2013, Chin shared on Facebook that she auditioned for NBC's The Voice. It seems like the rest is history, right?