The Jonas Brothers seemed to disappear after canceling their tour. But they finally spoke out Wednesday, showing that their fans are the most important thing to them.
The cancellation of The Jonas Brothers’ fall tour started a lot of rumors that the band may be breaking up. The announcement, made two days before the tour was supposed to begin, was due to “a deep rift within the band,” a rep for the band said. “There was a big a disagreement over their music direction.”
Days later, the group’s Twitter page was deleted, but no one said anything about it. Now, two of the members have finally spoken out, ironically on Twitter. This time, Joe and Nick Jonas broke the silence. Joe tweeted, “please hold while we get our s*** together.”
Nick tweeted a similar, and equally vague, message to his fans.
Kevin Jonas still hasn’t said anything about the cancellations, but he may be too preoccupied to tweet. His wife is expecting their first child.
A source had reportedly told Star magazine the cancellations were due to Joe’s supposed drug problem, but his rep denied those rumors, saying, “There is no truth or validity to the story. It is completely false.”
Another source reportedly said the other brothers wanted the tour canceled to help their brother through his recovery.
“They just want to see their brother healthy,” the source reportedly said. “They’ve had discussions with Joe about their fears for him and the importance of getting help.”
No matter what the issue, the band could be facing some serious bills for the canceled tour. Because they were so close to hitting the road, a lot of money had already been spent for venues, crews, marketing, etc.
The band’s 19-date tour was their first in years, and it looks like it could be the end of the band before the first date. It was set to kick off Oct. 11 in Pennsylvania.