"Crushed" Lea Michele visits Cory Monteith death hotel
A grieving Lea Michele was spotted outside the hotel where Cory Monteith died, while his friends hunt down the person who supplied the fatal dose.
Lea Michele was spotted viewing the public memorial that sprung up outside the hotel where her boyfriend and Glee co-star Cory Monteith died of a drug overdose last weekend.
The actress, who joined Monteith's family shortly after news of the tragic death broke, was spotted outside the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver taking in the public memorial built by fans from the privacy of a private car.
"I saw Lea about an hour after the family saw the body at the hospital," Rik Feydick, a friend of Monteith's, told RadarOnline. "There were two huge SUVs out front and Lea was in the backseat of one, sitting between two bodyguards. She was wearing her signature huge black shades."
"Lea never got out of the vehicle," Feydick said, adding that the actress looked "crushed."
Monteith's father confirmed the actor was cremated on Tuesday, although he wasn't invited to the ceremony.
"I always loved both my sons and am going to miss Cory very, very much," he told TMZ. "I'm saddened at the fact that I couldn't have been there to see my son before he was cremated."
Meanwhile, friends of the late star are piecing together how he got his hands on that fatal dose of heroin, even though the police said their investigation is closed.
"You don't have to look very far in Vancouver to find the person who gave Cory his heroin," a source told Radar. "There is a despicable individual… who claims he was a friend of Cory. Allegedly, he was the one who gave Cory the heroin, according to [people] close to him."
"Cory knew what he was doing but wouldn't buy his own drugs, so allegedly he asked his… friend to score it," the source said, adding that person is "guilty of unwittingly assisting in the death of 'his friend' Cory Monteith."
Vancouver police won't be seeking out the supplier, however — at least not in relation to the actor's death.
"There's an inherent risk when you're using illicit drugs and there's nothing legally as far as we can see that would cause us to investigate further," a police rep said Tuesday during a press conference confirming Monteith's death was caused by a mixture of heroin and alcohol.