Get Brooke Burke's DWTS finale hairstyle
Kellie Pickler might have won the coveted mirror-ball trophy Tuesday night during the Dancing With the Stars finale, but we couldn't stop looking at host Brooke Burke's amazing hair! We asked her style pro how to get the look at home.
Brooke Burke looked stunning on Tuesday night's finale of Dancing With the Stars, thanks to celebrity hairstylist Jonathan Hanousek.
"Her pompadour faux hawk with an oblong braided chignon helped balance the strong shoulders and textures of the dress," he said Wednesday, referring to her Michael Costello gown.
The style isn't too difficult to get at home, according to Hanousek.
"First I layered Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray and White Sands UnderCover Styling Spray on damp hair," he said.
- From the outside corners of the eyes, make two clean parts back to the crown and pin the section out of the way.
- Blow-dry the rest of the hair with a medium round brush to create a smooth, sleek finish.
- Take the sides of the hair and gather into a ponytail around the back. Secure with a small band.
- Clean flyaways with a fine-toothed tail comb and White Sands Infinity Hairspray.
- Blow-dry the top of the hair with a small round brush, concentrating on lifting the roots for extra volume. Spritz on Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray all over to add shine and smoothness.
- Push the hair up and toward the center with your fingers and the blow-dryer to create the pompadour. Use a few pumps of the White Sands Infinity Hairspray to keep the shape.
- Criss-cross bobby pins down the center of the pompadour and roll one side over to conceal the pins, fastening with invisible hairpins. "Think loose French twist and look in the mirror and adjust until you get the shape that's best for your face," Hanousek said. "It's best if it is not too symmetrical — it will look more interesting."
- Let the rest of the hair cover the first ponytail. Fasten with a pin and gather all the remaining hair into a single braid.
- Twist the braid up, tuck in the ends and fasten with bobby and invisible hairpins. Lock everything into place with White Sands Stuck Up Mega Hold Hairspray.
Did you try this style? Share your tips in the comments below!