Style crush: Emmy Rossum
We can't get enough of Emmy Rossum's style — her flawless hair, gorgeous makeup and effortless-looking style. Looking to take a cue from the Hollywood starlet? Here's how to steal her best fashion, makeup and hair looks.
What do we love most about Emmy's street style? Her elegant, yet totally cool dresses! Whether she's shopping in NYC or brunching in Los Angeles, Emmy always looks top notch. And luckily for you, it's easy to steal her style! Just start your look with a pretty, printed frock like this and add summery accessories.
Get the look
Want to steal Emmy's fabulous, polished, yet totally cool, wavy hair? We tapped celebrity hairstylist and creative director of Obliphica Professional John Blaine to get his 10 tips on getting her amazing waves.
Get the look
- For maximum shine and elasticity, wash and condition hair with Obliphica Professional Treatment Shampoo.
- Work a small handful of KMS Styling Foam combined with two drops of Obliphica Professional Treatment Shine Serum through damp locks.
- Blow dry using a large boar bristle brush. John's secret tip: As you dry your hair, guide your brush at an upward 45 degree angle away from your head with the nozzle angled downward to go with the grain of your hair. This helps achieve maximum volume and shine.
- If you want to be authentic, use rollers! Take 1-inch sections of hair and wrap them around curling barrels no bigger than an inch. John's secret tip: The section of hair should never exceed the size of the rollers.
- Beginning at the front of your head and at the level of your temple, place the roller under the 1-inch section and begin rolling downward toward your tips.
- Hold in place using a bobby pin or clip, and spritz a small amount of heat activated hairspray to the curl.
- Repeat steps five and six with the lower layers of your hair.
- As you move toward the back of your head, begin to strategically drop the starting point of your roller to create a continuous diagonal wave.
- Once your head is crowned in rollers, let them set and cool. After the rollers have cooled, blast your hair with cold air from the hair dryer.
- Brush out the curls with a Mason Pearson Brush.
Emmy's makeup always looks flawless and natural. We caught up with celebrity makeup artist and founder of Skinn Cosmetics to dish on how to get Emmy's natural glow.
Get the look
- Apply Skinn's Orchid gel Mattifying Primer to the skin before makeup. This is very important for this look because the purple color of the orchid oil will neutralize orange and green tones in the skin. This means a pale skin against a dark hair color and vibrant lip won't look hard or conflicting.
- Use a good quality satin finish foundation or CC cream that re-creates the color, texture and tone of flawless smooth skin... even if it's not!
- Apply a waterproof smudgeable liner to the upper lid and blend in. Then, apply a heavy coat of mascara.
- Use a good sugar scrub for lips like Fresh's Sugar Scrub to remove dry lip flakes because velvet or matte finish lipsticks require a smooth, no-flake lip as they accentuate dryness.
- Apply a matte velvet lipstick to lips in a blue-based red or pink red shade like Skinn's Raspberry Sugar.