Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Emmy Rossum
We have a total crush on Emmy Rossum's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Getting sick of Emmy Rossum yet? Me neither, obviously. In an unprecedented feat, the actress has appeared in our Celeb Hairstyle of the Week three out of the last four weeks. This week we're paying homage to the incredibly complex braided updo Emmy rocked to last week's Met Gala.
This is one of those styles that really makes you stop in your tracks and stare. It's pretty appropriate too, considering the fact that the Gala's theme this year was punk.
Sure, this isn't a look the everyday gal might wear, but it's pretty kickass, so I got celeb hairstylist Ryan Trygstad to share the secrets behind this showstopping 'do. "We wanted a punk look that could still be real and feminine," he says. And guess what? They found inspiration on Pinterest!
Get the look
What you'll need:
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
- Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray
- Sally Hershberger Salon Smooth Fix
- Sally Hershberger Salon Body Fix
- Sally Hershberger Major Body Dry Style Hairspray
- Bobby pins
- Since this is a braided look, there's no need to blow out hair, simply blow dry with your hand.
- Prep locks with the following texture products: Sally Hershberger Major Body Dry Style Hairspray, Oribe Dry Texturing Spray (at the root) and Sally Hershberger Texture Blast (for some grit).
- Start by corn rowing the side sections to the middle of the head. For the back section, I braided the hair down, and then rolled the section up and pinned with small Japanese bobby pins.
- Next with the top section, I added a few hair extensions and braided them into the hair, making a fishtail braid.
- To finish off, I took the top section and crossed it over the forehead, creating a roll. This added some height in the front of the updo.
- I topped the look off by adding shine with 23 Redken Hairspray and Sally Hershberger Salon Smooth Fix Glossing Shine and Flexible Hold.