Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Selena Gomez
We have a total crush on Selena Gomez's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Selena Gomez showed no signs of being hung up on ex Justin Bieber when she showed up to this weekend's MTV Movie Awards. The singer and actress looked sexy and young in her gold tassled long sleeve minidress, but it was her complex 'do that really caught my attention!
The intricate braid is rocker chic and oh so youthful all at once. You know what also makes it kinda awesome? The poof at the top! Hey, maybe Snooki really was onto something.
Get the look
I turned to Selena's hairstylist, Marissa Marino of the Nine Zero One Salon, to get a step-by-step breakdown of her bold look.
- Start off by creating your pompadour. To do so, section off hair from the front of your hairline and sprinkle it with UNITE Expanda Dust. Next, tease hair back with a comb. Finally, secure this section in place with a bobby pin.
- Next, section the rest of your hair into five small ponytails down the center of your head.
- Use all of your ponytails together to create a French braid.
- Now it's time to tame any frizzies! Spray UNITE Session Max Hairspray all over. This will also help smooth the sides around the hairline.
- Give the braid an undone look by pulling it apart a bit and pinning these pieces down using bobby pins.
- Finally, finish off your look with UNITE Max Control Hairspray to tame any flyaways.