Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Claudia Lee
We have a total crush on Claudia Lee's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
If you've ever watched Hart of Dixie on the CW, you know how funny Claudia Lee's character Magnolia can be. But there's nothing funny about this complex 'do she recently wore. The beautiful waterfall braid is sweet and so visually appealing!
Justine Piecuch, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, shares her tips for creating the look at home.
Get the look
"This braid takes practice; however, when correctly executed, it receives many compliments," Justine says.
- If hair is super silky to start off, give it a generous spray with a light holding hair spray. The silkiness will make the hair too slippery and very hard to keep sections apart.
- Begin by grabbing a section at the top of your part (you can use any natural part you'd like!). To make things easier, let's start with the right side. Split this section of hair into three parts, like you would do for a regular braid.
- Start braiding like you'd normally do a French braid, but after the first piece you cross, take a piece behind your three sectioned part and pull it into the braid.
- Do this twice to start things off.
- Next, add a piece to the top section and braid that over just like you're doing a French braid.
- Here's where things get a little tricky. Drop the bottom piece. (Justine finds it helpful to pull it toward the face just to get it out of the way). Add your new piece into the braid like normal.
- Repeat: Add to the piece on top over the middle section, drop out the bottom and add a new replacement.
- Continue to do this to achieve the desired look you're going for. Some people keep going to the other side while others stop in the middle and repeat on the other side. There are an endless amount of options!
- Since this look is super complicated, we've included a video tutorial below to show you just how to create the look!
Watch: How to create a waterfall twist hairstyle
Learn how to create a waterfall twist hairstyle in this video.