Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Mila Kunis
We have a total crush on Mila Kunis' chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Mila Kunis made my best dressed list last week, and today, I'm paying homage to the 'do that really made her look awesome. This beautiful braided bun complements the flirty and fun Dolce & Gabbana dress Mila wore to the LA premiere of Oz the Great and Powerful!
Gone are the days of boring updos. These days, intricate is most definitely in! The good news? Creating these complex looks doesn't have to be difficult!
I consulted Justine Piecuch, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, to get the step by step breakdown of this look for you.
Get the look!
"Often times when we look at celebrity hair, it seems to be so overly involved and complicated. In actuality, most of the time it's quite simple and rather basic. Textured up-styles like this one here are so easy to duplicate at home and will almost work with any day or night look. When trying to recreate looks, it's best to not go overboard and use the pictures as inspiration. Hair today is worn in and shouldn't look anything close to perfect."
- First it's important to set the hair. This is your foundation. Using a 3/4- to 1-inch curling iron, wrap every piece of hair. In this case, the importance isn't how it looks. It's more about getting every section of hair.
- Separate the front from the back. In the back section, loosely gather hair into a messy ponytail, secure and braid.
- Pull at the braid a little to loosen and wrap into a bun, securing with bobby pins.
- Next create some lift in the crown and pin this section into the braid. Left with bits popping out? Don't worry — this is great for creating a messy effect.
- Starting above the ears and working your way up in sections, gather hair, twist and pin into braided bun. Repeat this until all hair is secured.
- Finish with a light hairspray. You don't want to look like you have helmet head after all, and if any hairs are sticking out, the updo will look that much better.