DIY moisturizing hair mask
When you want a fix for shiny hair, this is the hair mask for you. Grab a few things from your kitchen and you'll be ready to let your hair down and have it look great.
Whose hair doesn't get dried out and dull from time to time? Between the blow dryer, flat iron and the cold, dry weather, it's no wonder. To make an easy, DIY moisturizing hair mask for healthier hair, head to the kitchen. Yogurt, honey and almond oil (or olive oil) are the only things you'll need.
The lactic acid in yogurt will help smooth, strengthen and give your hair shine. The honey is a natural humectant, which will help keep your hair moisturized, and the oil will help with moisture and shine, too.
This hair mask might be a little runny, so you may want to wear a bathrobe or something you won’t mind getting messy. Find a relaxing spot where you can sit for about 20 minutes with the mask on your hair, and get ready for your mane to be moisturized!
DIY Moisturizing Hair Mask
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon almond oil (or olive oil)
- Mix the yogurt, honey and oil in a small bowl until smooth.
- Apply the mixture to damp hair and comb it through evenly.
- Find a spot to relax, then sit with the mixture in your hair for about 20 minutes.
- Shampoo the mixture out of your hair with a gentle shampoo. Style as usual.
Your hair will shine!