DIY nail strengthener
Who doesn't want strong and healthy nails? Instead of heading to the salon, create your own natural, nail strengthening solution with just a few ingredients. No appointment necessary!
There are several things you can do to help keep your nails strong: regularly use a good moisturizer on your hands, wear gloves when you wash dishes and refrain from biting your nails. Along with those helpful tips, try a DIY nail strengthener, too. It's an easy, natural and luxurious way to keep fingernails tough as nails.
Castor oil is a vegetable-based oil that has been used for many home remedies over time, and it is also used in cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications. We love it as a DIY nail strengthener because of its deep-conditioning properties. When used on your nails, it can help keep them moisturized and prevent them from cracking and breaking — and keep them strong. Adding a bit of vitamin E to this DIY mixture helps keep your nails and cuticles further moisturized and protected, too. Essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus not only smell great, but they have antiseptic properties, too.
DIY Nail Strengthener
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 2 vitamin E gel capsules, broken open (capsules discarded)
- Several clean cotton balls
- Small glass container or bowl
- Optional: 3-5 drops eucalyptus or lavender essential oil
- Place the castor oil in a small glass container.
- Over the glass container, pierce the vitamin E capsules with the tip of a sharp knife. Allow the liquid to drip into the container. Discard the capsules.
- If you're using essential oil, add 3-5 drops to the mixture and mix with a spoon.
- Use a clean cotton ball to rub the mixture over your nails, twice a day. Allow the mixture to remain on your nails for about 5 minutes, then gently rub off with a clean cotton ball or tissue.
Nail it with this DIY nail strengthener!