Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Adele
We have a total crush on Adele's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Adele won big at last month's Oscars, taking home the trophy for Best Original Song for "Skyfall." I'm not that interested in her award, though — I fell in love with her super cute 'do! To recreate the Old Hollywood look, I turned to her hairstylist Michael Ashton to get a step-by-step tutorial for getting the voluminous half updo.
Get the look
Michael Ashton used all John Frieda products to create Adele's chic 'do!
- Start by towel drying wet hair to remove excess moisture.
- Next, rub Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray (Drugstores nationwide, $10) on mid-lengths and ends.
- Before blow drying, flip hair over your head between your knees. To create lift at the roots and overall thickness, blast hot air down the hair shaft.
- Once locks are about 80 percent dry, flip hair back to normal position. Taking large sections, smooth them out with a medium sized round brush. Make sure you pay close attention to your ends to give them extra bounce.
- Now it's time to curl! Section strands into quarters and use a medium-large curling iron on each section.
- Then set hair in hot rollers. Once locks are cool, brush through very cautiously with a natural bristle brush.
- Repeat the curling process for the remaining three sections. After curling each section, make sure to pin it in a barrel curl using a sectioning clip while hair cools and sets.
- Give it five to 10 minutes, and then remove the sectioning clips and gently tousle hair. Pull back half of the hair and tease the crown, making sure to secure pieces together in the back of the head.
- Take two small sections and leave them down to frame the face. Finish by misting Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray (Drugstores nationwide, $6).