DIY moisturizing, energizing rosemary-lavender shower gel
Mornings just got better! Make this DIY moisturizing, energizing rosemary-lavender shower gel and you'll be clean, moisturized and ready to start the day!
Castile soap is made with 100 percent pure plant oils, and it is gentle and biodegradable. It is multifunctional and makes a great way to simplify your personal care. Some things it can be used for include washing your hair, your hands, and some have even made their own baby wipes with it.
One brand of castile soap is Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Castile Classic Soaps. This soap comes in a variety of scents, as well as unscented, with the claim of 18 different uses (which can include cleaning your car or floors)! For this recipe, we used Dr. Bronner's lavender-scented liquid soap. If you use the unscented type, simply add about five drops of lavender essential oil to the mix.
Start the day right
Keep in mind that this shower gel isn't overly bubbly, and it is thinner than store-bought shower gels you may be used to using. The rosemary and lavender essential oils included in this recipe will make your shower gel wonderfully invigorating for a great start to your day! This recipe makes enough for about two weeks' worth of showering for one person.
Moisturizing, energizing rosemary-lavender shower gel
- 1/2 cup Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Castile, Lavender Liquid
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil (and 5 drops lavender essential oil if you are using unscented liquid Castile soap)
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 1 large plastic bottle (consider cleaning and reusing an empty plastic shampoo or soap bottle)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl or glass measuring cup and mix them together.
- Pour the mixture into a plastic bottle to use in the shower.