Get inspired by today's hottest celebrity moms with these makeup looks to rock the checkout line at the grocery store, the park with your kids or anywhere you're headed. These looks are as easy as 1-2-3.
Jessica Alba: Dewy fresh
We all know how gorgeous Jessica Alba looks when she's on the red carpet, but she looks just as pretty at the park with her daughters, shopping for groceries and doing all the other everyday things that we all do.
- Foundation — Everyone wants fresh, dewy skin. If it doesn't come naturally, you can fake it with the right combination of products. Many women find that dewy foundations are too oily and only last an hour or so before just looking sticky. Instead, use a matte foundation and then apply an illuminating shimmer powder (very lightly) right on top of your cheekbone. When the light hits it, your skin will have that beautiful, dewy glow that you crave.
- Shimmer — Jessica nails the metallic eye shadow time and time again, whether she's at an awards show or just out for dinner with the family. We often see Jessica with a copper shadow, but here she uses a subtle silver shimmer to perfection, applying the shadow all over the lid to the crease. Line only your top lashes — very close to the lash line — and add a coat of mascara to mimic Jessica's look.
- Finish — No matter where you're headed, you can look pretty and pulled together with a bright lip. We love the watermelon-like shade that Jessica uses here, but experiment with bold colors until you find the right one for your skin tone.
Katie Holmes: Everyday beauty
We all know how gorgeous Katie Holmes looks when she's all dolled up, but her beauty shines through every day — no matter what she's wearing or where she's going. Follow these tips to achieve her look.
- Base — Use a creamy foundation to even out your skin tone and follow up with a light dusting of rosy blush. Apply the blush with a large, fluffy brush on the apples of the cheeks, sweeping upward and outward. Use a light hand and blend, blend, blend for a natural look.
- Eyes — Take the time to line both your upper and lower lashes with brown liner. Use a pencil rather than liquid for a softer look. The key is to stop the line about two-thirds across — not going all the way to the inner corner. If you go too far, your eyes will look smaller.
- Finish — Katie finishes her makeup with just the right shade of rosy pink lip gloss. An allover dusting of finishing powder sets this sweet look to last all day.
Selma Blair: No-makeup look
Whether you're grabbing a cup of coffee, taking the kids on an outing or meeting your girls for lunch, you can look good doing it — like celeb mom Selma Blair. Selma's look is natural and understated, but still very pretty.
- Brows — No matter how busy you are, always keep your brows maintained. They can really make a big impact on how you look — even if you're wearing little or no makeup. Natural is what's "in" right now when it comes to brows. So just pluck away the strays every week and you'll be set.
- KISS — Keep it simple, silly. Even out your skin tone with a tinted moisturizer rather than a heavy foundation or powder. Just apply neutral shadow from lash line to crease, and a lighter shade to highlight the brow bone. No liner or mascara is needed to steal Selma's look, but if you can't live without it, just one coat of brown mascara and soft, slightly smudged liner will do.
- Finish — Get Selma's perfect pucker with a tiny bit of pink gloss. If you feel like you don't have enough color in your cheeks, a subtle touch of blush on your cheekbones (brush up and out with a big fluffy brush) is all you need.
Kim Kardashian: The eyes have it
When mommy-to-be Kim Kardashian arrived at LAX in December, all eyes were on her new bangs, but we really should have been looking at her eyes. While Kim is known for her beautiful lashes, you, too, can get this simple doe-eyed look.
- Shadow — Start with a neutral eye shadow similar to your own skin tone and apply it all over your lid and into the crease. With a light, shimmery shadow, highlight under the brow bone and dot it near the inner corners of your eyes. This will make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
- Liner — Use a dark brown eye pencil and line both your upper and lower lids. (Leave the liquid, jet black liner for evenings out.) Be sure to get as close to your lash line as possible. On the top, wing out the liner, ever so slightly.
- Finish — If you aren't blessed with curly lashes, take the extra minute to use a curler. Apply two coats of your favorite mascara, making sure to separate your lashes completely. No clumps here, ladies! When you're putting the emphasis on your eyes, keep the rest of your makeup neutral. A little matte lipstick or a touch of gloss is all you need.
Gwen Stefani: Signature red lips
No matter where she goes, it seems we never see celebrity mom Gwen Stefani without her lipstick. Here, she's all bundled up at the airport with a cute hat and her signature red lips. Stealing Gwen's look is easier than you might think.
- Eyes — Before perfecting the perfect pout, concentrate on your eyes. A shimmery gray shadow on your lid and a coat or two of mascara on your top lashes is all you need. Skip the liner altogether and leave your lower lashes alone.
- Color — Think you can't wear red lipstick casually? Of course you can! You can own this look like Gwen does by finding the perfect shade of red lipstick for you. If your skin has pink undertones, pick cooler reds with blue undertones. If you skin has yellow undertones, experiment with reds with a touch of brown. Dark skin often looks great with orangy reds, while extremely fair complexions might look best with a cherry red. The only way you can know what will work for you is trial and error.
- Finish — To make your lipstick last all day, exfoliate your lips first to create a smooth base. If you find your lipstick often fades quickly, apply primer to your lips before you begin. Fill in your lips entirely with lip pencil that matches your lipstick. Then apply the lipstick, making sure to get all the way into the corners.