We have a total crush on Tina Fey’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler rocked the Golden Globes last week but I wasn’t really paying that much attention to Ms. Fey’s hosting skills. Instead, I was hooked on her fab hair! The retro wavy look she wore with her L’Wren Scott cocktail dress brought me back to the glamorous ladies of days past, and I loved that.
Since I’m so obsessed with Tina’s ‘do, I turned to Remington Celebrity Stylist Richard Marin to get the scoop on how he created this standout look.
Get the look
“Tina’s look this year was classic retro reboot! The first look was inspired by her black and white L’Wren Scott cocktail dress. I went for a ’40s Rita Hayworth style — soft, S pattern waves.
- To get this look yourself, blow dry your hair and establish a side part.
- Set the hair in hot rollers (Marin recommends Remington’s new T-Studio Silk Ceramic Heated Clip Setters, available next month at Target!) and stack the rollers from the side part one on top of the other so it’s a crown of curlers.
- Keep the crown area of the head as flat as possible while the back length is set on large rollers.
- After hair has cooled to room temperature, brush out several times, pushing in the S pattern with your brush and keeping the hair as smooth as possible.
- Spray a humidity resistant hair spray to protect from moisture and reduce the amount of frizz.