Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Jana Kramer
We have a total crush on Jana Kramer's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Aww. That was my first reaction when I saw Jana Kramer's recent look at last week's American Country Awards! She just looks so pretty and elegant! Jana always looks amazing, but this 'do is a step above the rest, if you ask me. The curls are so delicately placed and frame her face perfectly. Her makeup is quite darling too!
I headed straight to the source to get the scoop on how to steal Jana's 'do and asked her stylist, Kelsey Deenihan, for a how-to. Here we go!
Get the hair look!
- I started out by blow drying Jana's hair with a large round brush to smooth out any flyaways.
- Next, in small sections, I used a 1-inch curling iron and wrapped sections around the barrel going away from the face, spraying each section with a light hairspray to hold the curl.
- I let the hair set while I did makeup, and about 45 minutes later, I took a flat boar bristle brush and brushed all the curls out giving it a ton of volume and an Old Hollywood look.
Get the makeup look!
- Skin: Urban Decay Naked foundation in numbers 6 and 8, Makeup Forever Duo Matte Powder over the base in #209, Bobbi Brown creme blush in pale pink.
- Eyes: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique. I used this spongy creme shadow all over Jana's lids and blended it with a small blending brush so that the black shadow dissipated into a medium gray. I took a small eyeliner brush and did the same for directly under the bottom lash line, adding a subtle definition to the eyes, following with two generous coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black.
- Lips: Jana is wearing MAC Rebel on her lips. We wanted the deep berry to pop on Jana's olive skin, adding a bit of color to her overall look.